Ok to CC @ TYFA football game?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
txcshooter
Posts in topic: 2

Ok to CC @ TYFA football game?

Post by txcshooter »

So my son started playing football this year for a team with the Texas Youth Football Association (TYFA). Tomorrow he will have 2 scrimmage games. Does anyone know if I'll be ok to carry concealed?

It will be at Universal City Park.
Last edited by txcshooter on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ok to CC @ TYFA football game?

Post by twomillenium »

I CC to youth soccer games held at county and city parks.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
txcshooter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txcshooter »

twomillenium wrote:I CC to youth soccer games held at county and city parks.

OK, thanks. :tiphat: I should be good to go then. :coolgleamA:
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

As far as I know the only sections preventing carry at sporting events apply to professional or collegiate sports. School sponsored "events" are also off limits. So as long as your league isn't school sponsored you should be good to go.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

TexasTornado wrote:As far as I know the only sections preventing carry at sporting events apply to professional or collegiate sports. School sponsored "events" are also off limits. So as long as your league isn't school sponsored you should be good to go.
:iagree:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

NordicTexan

Post by NordicTexan »

My son played all they way through the TIFI leagues. The biggest challenge is that some of the games are at schools (junior highs, and above). You just have to know the venue before you go. It took me a season or two to know all the locations so that I knew what I could do. google maps can be a great help, knowing if its just a field, a stadium, etc..
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

NordicTexan wrote:My son played all they way through the TIFI leagues. The biggest challenge is that some of the games are at schools (junior highs, and above). You just have to know the venue before you go. It took me a season or two to know all the locations so that I knew what I could do. google maps can be a great help, knowing if its just a field, a stadium, etc..
I thought we could carry on school property as long as it was not in an actual school building, and as long as no school sponsored activities were taking place in the area. This would apply to parking lots, fields behind a school building, etc., would it not?

And I definitely CC at my kids soccer games. This is one of the few places where I have been actively threatened with violence (from another parent) in my adult life. Tensions can run high and some people are very bad at controlling their emotions.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”