ntexaschl
Posts in topic: 1

Continued defiance to 30.06 Ruling Letters

Post by ntexaschl »

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Continued defiance to 30.06 Ruling Letters

Post by bblhd672 »

"As far as anyone being able to carry in there, I think that's a very bad idea," pro-gun advocate and CHL instructor, Kathy Richardson said. "If you look at carrying into a courthouse and somebody gets mad, they could take anybody out. You can't just tell anybody, 'You can't shoot anybody if you carry that gun in here',' because it just doesn't work that way."
Sometimes we're our own worst enemy. :banghead: Using her logic the same argument can be made for every place LTC's are allowed to carry- we're just too hotheaded and trigger happy to contain our emotions and may open fire at any time.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jmra

Post by jmra »

bblhd672 wrote:
"As far as anyone being able to carry in there, I think that's a very bad idea," pro-gun advocate and CHL instructor, Kathy Richardson said. "If you look at carrying into a courthouse and somebody gets mad, they could take anybody out. You can't just tell anybody, 'You can't shoot anybody if you carry that gun in here',' because it just doesn't work that way."
Sometimes we're our own worst enemy. :banghead: Using her logic the same argument can be made for every place LTC's are allowed to carry- we're just too hotheaded and trigger happy to contain our emotions and may open fire at any time.
:iagree:
Was :headscratch on that one also.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

It's about three weeks until Christmas. I live near a major shopping mall, a super Walmart, and a huge sprawling shopping complex called the Arlington Highlands. Driving is miserable, and will continue to be until probably mid January. People infuriate me coming and going on a daily basis with their stupidity and their flagrant disregard for even the most elementary of traffic laws. While I lose my temper sometimes, I have not and will not use my firearm illegally as a result of my anger. I feel no need to leave my firearm at home for fear I might do so. To suggest that being in a court building might somehow be a more infuriating experience is laughable to me.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong here, but Paxton didn't say people should be able to carry in courtrooms, right? Yet in the article:
"Attorney General Paxton believes those who choose to carry firearms should be able to do so everywhere they go--and that includes inside government buildings and courts."

This whole article is a joke. That woman should not be an instructor.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

LucasMcCain wrote:I live near a major shopping mall, a super Walmart, and a huge sprawling shopping complex called the Arlington Highlands.
Sounds like you live close to me....I'm doing my best to avoid the mall, the Walmart and the Highlands. Amazon is my friend.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Instead of the good Judge going by what he "feels like," how about he abide by what the law says, like the rest of us are required to do. :rules:

priusron

Post by priusron »

We need to use Nevada as an example. The only odd limits places are those designated by federal law. The gun buster sign has no legal standing. If a business doesn't want you to carry, they have to personally approach you and tell you. But they have to know you are carrying first.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Yikes. If they handed out Report Cards, she would flunk miserably. Maybe she is confused with Texas Laws???? Dunno.
Just some guy's opinion.

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

priusron wrote:We need to use Nevada as an example. The only odd limits places are those designated by federal law. The gun buster sign has no legal standing. If a business doesn't want you to carry, they have to personally approach you and tell you. But they have to know you are carrying first.
:iagree: To me, this would be the ideal scenario

jailbird

Post by jailbird »

I really hope that people start voting out these judges that believe that they're above the will of the people!

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

This just goes to show that even some LTC instructors and county judges can be in the slow thinking, dimwitted side of human race.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Using the judge's logic, if I claim I don't follow the reasoning of a law I have the option of ignoring it.

And, this person is a judge...?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”