Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Wag2323
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do you refuse to do business with 30.06 & 30.07 businesses?

Post by Wag2323 »

Glock4ever wrote:
Steve5115 wrote:Absolutely! :nono:
So if you were in a car accident and needed life saving emergency room care you would refuse it if they were posted? Give your life up for the cause?
I would say in that situation he wouldn't even be in the position to make his own choice.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Wag2323 wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
Steve5115 wrote:Absolutely! :nono:
So if you were in a car accident and needed life saving emergency room care you would refuse it if they were posted? Give your life up for the cause?
I would say in that situation he wouldn't even be in the position to make his own choice.

I think being wheeled in on a stretcher would probably preclude any charges being filed for carrying past a sign. JMHO.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't mind 30.07 signs, but I will avoid whenever reasonable businesses that post 30.06. To me, asking one to coverup is no more an inconvenience or denial of my rights than a no shirt - no service sign. And I would much rather drive 20 miles to a 30.07 posted HEB than 3 miles to our nasty non-posted Walmart.

Different strokes and all that.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

As most have already said, I generally avoid 30.06 places unless I must. I don't personally open carry even though I have no problem with those who do, so I do use places with 30.07 only signs.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apvonkanel »

Personally, I generally avoid 30.06 out of convenience, but 30.07 doesn't really matter too much to me.
Being a big fan of liberty, I don't protest those private businesses that respectfully exercise their own liberty. When I say I avoid 30.06 out of convenience, I don't feel like disarming if I can avoid it. If a business posts a 30.07 and leaves it at that I'm fine because I generally conceal. My local gun smith asks that people don't open carry walking in to the store out of respect for more skittish customers and other businesses in the same strip. No problem. Essentially, if the business follows Wheaton's Law [linked image removed], I have no problem with them and treat it as I would any other issue of convenience. Can i get it somewhere closer? Can i get a better version somewhere else? Can I get it conveniently without disarming?
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Glock4ever wrote:
The Wall wrote:Only the 30.06 ones.
What's the logic in that?
What's the logic in assuming that all LTC holders open carry every day? I am all for open carry and do so myself about 50% of the time, but I am understanding of someone's desire that I not open carry in their business........MUCH more so that I am understanding of their desire to ban ALL carry in their business. If I am open carrying on that day, I'll cover it up. Don't make me no never mind. What's so hard to understand about that?

I won't go in a 30.06 posted business at all, unless there is simply no other way around it, and I HAVE to go in. Yesterday, one of my brothers in Christ from my Life Group was admitted to HEB hospital for some serious medical issues.......as in........he could die from this. He was in the ER all day before they had a room to put him in. HEB hospital is posted 06/07. What am I going to do? Ignore my obligations to my brother? No. I have a bigger mind and heart than that. I disarmed in the parking lot, and went in and spent a couple of hours in the ER with him until he was finally moved to a room upstairs. From the tone of your question, you would have let your brother rot because the hospital was posted. So I'll ask you....what's the logic in that? If my brother in Christ had died, and I, for the sake of my stupid pride, had refused to enter the hospital to sit with him one last time.....what's the logic in that?

The world is NOT all black and white, my friend.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Glock4ever
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Glock4ever »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
What's the logic in assuming that all LTC holders open carry every day? I am all for open carry and do so myself about 50% of the time, but I am understanding of someone's desire that I not open carry in their business........MUCH more so that I am understand of their desire to ban ALL carry in their business. If I am open carrying on that day, I'll cover it up. Don't make me no never mind. What's so hard to understand about that?
Not hard to understand... If you want to give your money to businesses that are anti gun and have 30.07 go ahead and do that.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

If they have both 30.06 and 30.07 I will go somewhere else. The one exception being medical facilities. I don't like 30.07 signs, but I will still do business with places that post them only and not 30.06. At least I don't have to give up my defenses there. The owners of 30.07 businesses that I have talked to are not anti gun. They are just trying to get every customer they can.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Glock4ever wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
What's the logic in assuming that all LTC holders open carry every day? I am all for open carry and do so myself about 50% of the time, but I am understanding of someone's desire that I not open carry in their business........MUCH more so that I am understand of their desire to ban ALL carry in their business. If I am open carrying on that day, I'll cover it up. Don't make me no never mind. What's so hard to understand about that?
Not hard to understand... If you want to give your money to businesses that are anti gun and have 30.07 go ahead and do that.
Go back and reread the edit to my post that I made while you were posting this response.

30.07 does not mean ANTI gun, by the way. That's a false dichotomy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

goose

Post by goose »

30.06 - avoid 90% of the time
30.07 - I don't like it for those that prefer OC, but it doesn't disappoint me enough to avoid them. I am part of the "dress code" crowd.

As far as I know, my sidearm has never given anyone reason to question whether or not I should be in a business regardless of signage. I don't brag about speeding. I don't brag about carrying past a 30.06 sign. I haven't been cited for speeding in 18 years. Never cited for carrying past a 30.06 sign. I don't always blend in, I doubt anyone will look at me and think I am anything tactical related. Flying under the radar as best as I can.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Depends: 30.06 posted - Doctor or hospital, I'll disarm, otherwise I don't do business with 30.06 posted businesses. There are plenty of stores/restaurants that aren't posted, so they get my moola.

30.07 doesn't bother me as I'm not dogmatic about OC.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Just like many on this topic I avoid 30.06 and 30.07.
In my opinion there is no difference in carrying open or concealed, the gun is there either way.
My secondary reason to avoid those places is simple the fact that the business management is against carrying and in case I miss the signes I am in trouble. Some places do not post correctly or not in obvious visible spots at all entrie points of their facilities which may lead to unnecessary debates, accusations, possible legal fees and wasted time.
Quiet frankly, I hope nevor to run into such a situation because either one of those signs is posted, I miss it and have a gun on me.
My will to renew my license periodically and abiding laws should suffice.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Topic author
Glock4ever
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Glock4ever »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
Go back and reread the edit to my post that I made while you were posting this response.

I fail to see how visiting someone in the hospital has anything to do with this discussion sir. Did you spend money there? At the gift shop or the hospital cafeteria?

apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apvonkanel »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:

I think your sentiment regarding 30.07 is spot on. I would even go so far as to say that 30.06 does not explicitly mean anti-gun. It's an "All chickens are birds, but not all birds are chickens" situation. To some 30.07 is dress-code to some it's political. While I would say that most 30.06 is anti-gun, I can't say that every single business posting 30.06 is anti-gun. Until I speak with the person on whom the final decision rested I can't say that I know why they posted it. I can assume that it's usually anti-gun, but to assume that it's always anti-gun is to assume that I know everything about the business. 30.07 can be anti-gun, or it can be smart business. Honestly, I don't blame a business that wants to keep revenue from both the moderately pro 2A and moderately anti-gun sides. 30.07 (without 30.06) only alienates the more severe advocates of either side, while maintaining the bulk of a customer base. Unless you started a business purely on constitutional principal, I assume you wanted some revenue from the business. Finding a compromise that maintains the largest customer base is just financially sound.

That being said: since the bulk of my revenue does not come from a business I own, anything I'm saying is just armchair QB talk anyway.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

apvonkanel wrote:
I think your sentiment regarding 30.07 is spot on. I would even go so far as to say that 30.06 does not explicitly mean anti-gun. It's an "All chickens are birds, but not all birds are chickens" situation. To some 30.07 is dress-code to some it's political. While I would say that most 30.06 is anti-gun, I can't say that every single business posting 30.06 is anti-gun. Until I speak with the person on whom the final decision rested I can't say that I know why they posted it. I can assume that it's usually anti-gun, but to assume that it's always anti-gun is to assume that I know everything about the business. 30.07 can be anti-gun, or it can be smart business. Honestly, I don't blame a business that wants to keep revenue from both the moderately pro 2A and moderately anti-gun sides. 30.07 (without 30.06) only alienates the more severe advocates of either side, while maintaining the bulk of a customer base. Unless you started a business purely on constitutional principal, I assume you wanted some revenue from the business. Finding a compromise that maintains the largest customer base is just financially sound.

That being said: since the bulk of my revenue does not come from a business I own, anything I'm saying is just armchair QB talk anyway.
I always thought that most 30.07 signs are pretty silly. I don't see Walmart or Krogers losing any money because they haven't posted signs. There are a lot fewer rabid anti's her than most of us believe, but I do believe that HEB has lost some customers over these signs. Maybe just a very small percentage, but no retail business likes to lose even a small percentage of customers.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”