Application question on DUI

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abigfoot
Posts in topic: 1

Application question on DUI

Post by Abigfoot »

Hi - I cant seem to find an awser to my situation and hoping somebody here can help. I have a DUI from CA in 2012. The violation date was 2/15/12 and my disposition date was 5/10/2012. I was never arrested as I was in a solo car accident and hospitalised, but I was charged later and convicted on the above date. No other criminal events. I was placed on informal probation for 3 years afterwards too. I want to apply for my LTC but want to know when I can. After 5/10/17 this year to make it 5 years, or is it from the ending of my probation, or the violation date? Also, should I list on application this as an arrest? I was never taken to jail, finger printed or anything like that. Thank you for any help on this.

Keith B

Re: Application question on DUI

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

It's 5 years from the date of disposition, so 5/10/17. And you will need to list it on your application.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Wall

Re: Application question on DUI

Post by The Wall »

Being arrested has nothing to do with it. You were convicted. You've completed your probation and paid all of any fines so you should be good to go after the 5 years is up. And yes tell them if they ask. Supply any paper work they require. They will let you know what you need after you submit. Just read and follow all the instructions. I'm assuming it was a misdemeanor DUI.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”