PSC LTC with Charles Cotton

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

PSC LTC with Charles Cotton

Post by oljames3 »

I'm taking my 84 year old father and my youngest brother to Charles' LTC class tomorrow. Three hours one way. Worth it.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RHenriksen

Re: PSC LTC with Charles Cotton

Post by RHenriksen »

Excellent! You'll have a great time, and learn a ton :thumbs2:
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

You could not have made a better choice. Have a safe trip.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

My father, youngest brother, and I spent a great day at PSC with Charles Cotton. As I had conjectured, Charles is a great guy and excellent instructor. I knew, from Charles' interactions here and his testimony before committees, that Charles knows the law and how to explain it to non-lawyers. That is the level of training I wanted for my folks. It was worth the 3.5 hour one-way trip and an overnight stay.

I am a professional trainer. I have been trained and certified by the US Army (3 years US Army Field Artillery School, 11 years Texas Regional Training Institute) and civilian experts. I am a certified trainer of trainers. It was a true pleasure to watch an expert at work.

I've participated in and worked on many Army firing ranges and been in charge of many artillery firing points. I know what a well run, safe operation looks like. Charles' firing range was a model of how it is done. Clear, consistent commands and careful observation resulted in no dangerous issues. Any potentially unsafe acts met with quick, yet courteous correction.

Charles offered to stay after class and talk. I took him up on that. We chatted for 45 minutes about guns, legislation, current law, and future possibilities.

For those who have been asking, Charles said his famous seminar would have to wait until after the end of this legislative session. Maybe October. Whenever it is, it will be worth a 3.5 hour one-way drive and potentially two nights in a hotel.

I had paid for the class, even though I got my CHL/LTC in 2013. Charles graciously refunded my fee. Icing on the cake. Greatly appreciated.

My father and brother passed the course and I now have a CHL-100 signed by Charles Cotton. I am a very happy camper.

Thanks, Charles!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Great to hear, and I couldn't agree more. I always refer people to Charles' classes.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Yep, I tell people all the time to go to Charles but some people just don't listen. My wife and daughter went to Charles and I wouldn't send them anywhere else as long as he is still teaching.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'm glad your family felt the class was worth 7 hours on the road!!

Chas.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”