147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 14

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by ELB »

RoyGBiv wrote: I would add "Happy" to that description. :
I noticed that the convention staff members were pleasant as well. All the ones I ran into were polite and smiling.
USAF 1982-2005

John Galt
Posts in topic: 4

Post by John Galt »

ELB wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote: I would add "Happy" to that description. :
I noticed that the convention staff members were pleasant as well. All the ones I ran into were polite and smiling.
:iagree:

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mloamiller »

rtschl wrote:I got to go Friday all day. This is when POTUS and VP were there (though I was in the exhibit halls only). Do you know what I noticed?

* Tens of millions of dollars worth of merchandise
* Thousands if not tens of thousands of armed NRA members in the exhibit halls
* Yet a very small police presence inside. I may have seen 10 or so including the uniformed Secret Service LEO's inside.

Do you know where they needed police? Outside - but not because of NRA members. We were also very clean. I hardly saw any trash on the floors anywhere in the Convention center.

The 2A community is not only one of the most law abiding, but one of the friendliest communities in the USA. I met all sorts of people, including many famous ones who took the time to talk to us common people. I saw genuine interest in these well known celebrities express their gratitude for our interest in the shooting sports and 2A support. I could not be more proud to be part of this community.

:patriot: :txflag:
:iagree:
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Crime in Dallas during NRA Annual Meeting

Post by bblhd672 »

Crime in 3 mile radius from KBH Convention Center, last three weekends

https://gunfreezone.net/index.php/2018/ ... l-meeting/
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ELB

Post by ELB »

So it's about 30 crimes per weekend the two prior weekends, then drops to 20 for the NRAAM weekend. I went to the Dallas PD site where this was generated and looked at the corresponding weekend in May 2017, which was 4-7 May. About 30 crimes then too. hmmm.
USAF 1982-2005

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

AndyC wrote:I made the images into an animated gif:

dang, I was hoping you had figured out how to get this over to FB, I could really drive a couple of friends crazy
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TexDotCom
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexDotCom »

Media bias at WFAA.com re: the convention...speaks only of the cost to the city. No mention of the economic benefit.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... -551178135

flechero
Posts in topic: 13

Post by flechero »

TexDotCom wrote:Media bias at WFAA.com re: the convention...speaks only of the cost to the city. No mention of the economic benefit.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... -551178135
Sure, we all camped in public places, packed coolers and hauled in our own gas... plus the NRA strong armed the city into a rent free week use of the KBHCC and arena. Yep, cost the city lots of money. :lol: I bet the Hotel tax alone, made up the cost to the city. If conventions weren't a HUGE money maker and economic shot to the city, they wouldn't spent millions courting trade shows and conventions from all over.

No mention of how much extra LEO costs were due to the threat of protests? Oh, by the way,how much did the BLM protests cost to the City back when those officers were shot? How about the women's march? Crickets, huh? :roll:

ELB

Post by ELB »

I'm gonna bet the bulk of the cost and manpower went to meeting the security requirements of the US Secret Service, not the NRA. And the cops for the protest -- they weren't there to protect the protesters from the NRA. If the leftists weren't so inherently violent there would not be a need to have a bunch of cops standing by.

I also note that the NRA actually paid for its own security by hiring 400 off-duty cops. Everything else the DPD did was because they wanted to, not because the NRA forced them to.
USAF 1982-2005

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

Reporting costs without reporting revenue isn't good government nor journalism. Democrats.... :banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

If conventions cost the city so much money, isn't bulldozing the entire convention center the only thing that makes sense? :roll:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ELB

Post by ELB »

Anyone have time enough to do an Open Records request for all the documents the DPD chief used to come up with that figure? I would not be surprised to find that the accounting was arranged to come up with as big a number as possible.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”