147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 13

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

Post by flechero »

The part of this that's unsettling for me is that the Dallas convention center has plenty of separate areas for them to speak but no one has yet determined (or at least posted to the NRA sites) what is and what is off limits. (As of my call to the NRA this afternoon)

I'm coming from out of town, riding with a friend and then after the convention, going north by rail (which I would no longer do unarmed) so if the whole event goes no carry while the POTUS is there, I will have to leave- I'll have no place to store my weapon.

Has the ticketed area for speeches been defined yet??

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Pawpaw »

Yes, quite some time ago.

Look, this isn't rocket science... Go here: https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8137229/n ... anguage=en

The bold text tells you the forum (scheduled for the 4th) is off limits.

Scroll down and you can see that the forum is in the arena.

Ergo, the arena is off limits during the forum.

Now, was that hard?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 19

Post by cyphertext »

Pawpaw wrote:Yes, quite some time ago.

Look, this isn't rocket science... Go here: https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8137229/n ... anguage=en

Now, was that hard?
Also posted here https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/

And in the note about additional info from the Secret Service https://www.nraam.org/media/2612/am2018 ... notice.pdf

It is all there if folks would just read it...

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Grundy1133 »

cyphertext wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:Yes, quite some time ago.

Now, was that hard?
Also posted here https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/

And in the note about additional info from the Secret Service https://www.nraam.org/media/2612/am2018 ... notice.pdf

It is all there if folks would just read it...
WITCH CRAFT!
NRA Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

Thanks for the post and inference, :tiphat: but that info was not up the other day... after checking the web sites, my telephone calls to the NRA were answered with:
We don't yet know if the entire event or just the speaking area will be secured. Once the Secret Service gives us the detail we'll post it so check back daily for updates on the web site.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

There is an update on the NRA website...
FIREARMS POLICY FOR THE NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXHIBITS
During the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and the Omni Dallas Hotel in accordance with Texas law. When carrying your firearm remember to follow all federal, state, and local laws.

* PLEASE NOTE: Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum on Friday, May 4, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security around the Arena at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance. Click here for additional information.
https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/

I'm going to check this on Friday morning before we roll up there to make sure nothing changes. Would hate to get up there and have to leave our jewelry in the car which would be worth more than the car. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jason812 wrote:There is an update on the NRA website...
FIREARMS POLICY FOR THE NRA ANNUAL MEETINGS & EXHIBITS
During the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and the Omni Dallas Hotel in accordance with Texas law. When carrying your firearm remember to follow all federal, state, and local laws.

* PLEASE NOTE: Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum on Friday, May 4, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security around the Arena at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance. Click here for additional information.
https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/

I'm going to check this on Friday morning before we roll up there to make sure nothing changes. Would hate to get up there and have to leave our jewelry in the car which would be worth more than the car. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.
This has always been the procedure when the President or VP speak at NRA events. The Secret Service controls the auditorium while they are there, but nowhere else are guns banned. The information provided to me states this will be the situation in Dallas.

Chas.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bblhd672 »

I for one am getting excited and looking forward to this weekend!

This morning's email from American Rifleman had links to several of the presentations that will be part of the Annual Meeting.

Hopefully we can find a way for forum members to meet up during the weekend.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lena
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Lena »

Per reading all here I will ask 1 question I if reading correctly thing so that the speaking area for the Pres & VP are a separate no go area from the regular exhibits and booths, am I correct in that per the members here?

I still have not got my badge to enter and if I do not may not go to the wait time in the lines I was told when I called on it. All I would be going for would be to see the vendor booths.
Stay Safe

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

I'm volunteering to help with new member signups on Friday... Got a call from the volunteer organizers last week.
If I knew where I was going to be positioned, I'd tell y'all to stop by and say hi.. :lol:
Looks like there are at least 3 signup locations at the event.

We need a TXCHLForum.com morale patch!!! ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero

Post by flechero »

RoyGBiv wrote: We need a TXCHLForum.com morale patch!!! ;-)
Just wear your LTC badge and we'll find you that way! "rlol"

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 19

Post by cyphertext »

Lena wrote:Per reading all here I will ask 1 question I if reading correctly thing so that the speaking area for the Pres & VP are a separate no go area from the regular exhibits and booths, am I correct in that per the members here?.
Yes, not only per members here, but per info that the NRA has published shortly after the announcement that the VP would be speaking.

Lena
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Lena »

If that is the case then I see no issues at all. Or why some would even think so as official security I would think would be known by all.
Stay Safe

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

Secret Service Destroys Lie Pushed By Media, Parkland Activists About NRA Gun Ban

https://twitter.com/_PatJohnson_/status ... 9759150080

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Since I do not spend any time in the progressive liberal forums, I have to wonder if they are as quick to jump on rumors and turn on fellow partisans and friendly organizations.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”