147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

DEB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Copperas Cove, Texas

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#46

Post by DEB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 am

The NRA needs to sue Dallas and move the convention to Temple. Plenty of hotels in the area, the Temple/Killeen area would appreciate the revenue and guarantee it would be full with all the pro-gun soldiers, former soldiers, civilians in the area. I sure would appreciate the move, then I wouldn't have to go to anti-gun, anti-freedom, big city Dallas.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6248
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#47

Post by philip964 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 am

Beiruty wrote:I have been waiting for years for NRA Show to come Dallas. Last one I attended was in Houston.
I had a great time when it was in Houston. If Dallas doesn't want it, bring it back here. It was the world's largest candy store.

It was so crowded, however when some one bumped into you, everyone was so polite. "Excuse me sir, I didn't mean to bump into you, No it was my fault, my apology to you. Please have a nice day"

User avatar

OldCurlyWolf
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#48

Post by OldCurlyWolf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:09 am

carlson1 wrote:Well the wonderful, great, terrific, Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway of Dallas wants the convention cancelled.
Someone needs to make some extremely pointed suggestions to that "Politician".
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#49

Post by strogg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 am

I suggest that if the NRA really want to stick it to Dallas, they can move the convention to Fort Worth. Nothing like moving a huge moneymaker next door to a competing city. And everyone who has booked flights can still fly into DFW.


Deitz83
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#50

Post by Deitz83 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 23769
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#51

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Deitz83 wrote:Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.
Thank you for following through with that. It is hard to find people who are willing to use their personal time to confront politicians over their silliness. If you ever speak to him again, maybe you could refer him to a most excellent book: Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms”, by Nicholas Johnson. Maybe it might open his eyes. A truly FREE people are free to be armed by whatever means necessary. To the extent that a people is not completely free to arm itself by whatever means necessary, that people is not truly free. Maybe he should be asked to his face what he has against people of color being truly free.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy


Deitz83
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#52

Post by Deitz83 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Deitz83 wrote:Meet with Dwayne Caraway. All I can say is grandstanding. My message to him and CNN is put more resources in to mental health, I will not give up my AR and no one should. My heart goes out to the kids and families in Fl. My heart also goes out to the mail person that was shot, in Dallas. Each time a shooting happens the blame falls on the NRA and it's not correct. The NRAs programs promote safety, educational and hunting. Now I can go back to my normal low key life.
Thank you for following through with that. It is hard to find people who are willing to use their personal time to confront politicians over their silliness. If you ever speak to him again, maybe you could refer him to a most excellent book: Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms”, by Nicholas Johnson. Maybe it might open his eyes. A truly FREE people are free to be armed by whatever means necessary. To the extent that a people is not completely free to arm itself by whatever means necessary, that people is not truly free. Maybe he should be asked to his face what he has against people of color being truly free.
Your welcome..


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#53

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Honestly, when he made that speech, I thought he was encouraging people to come to his town to protest and tear it up.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Jeff B.
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Flower Mound

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#54

Post by Jeff B. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Well, seeing what you have there in Mr. Caraway, is there a great deal of wonder about his asking/suggesting that the NRA Convention relocate?

If the City of Dallas feels that way about the NRA, we should indeed take our business elsewhere.

I don't know the amount, but a guaranteed bond by the city to cover all losses incurred by the move would help. Maybe $10 - $15 Million?

In any situation like this, the cost and burden should be born by the requesting party, i.e., the City of Dallas.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 6038
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#55

Post by Pawpaw » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 pm

As I understand it, there is no evidence the City of Dallas feels that way.

This is nothing more than some numbnuts bloviating for what he thinks will be political gain.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 3594
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#56

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:21 am

Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

https://prereg.nraam.org/

User avatar

John Galt
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm
Location: DFW

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#57

Post by John Galt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:49 am

I will say again, "Dallas is in great need of a mayor".

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4225
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#58

Post by RPBrown » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:50 pm

bblhd672 wrote:Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

https://prereg.nraam.org/

I did too. Even upgraded my Life membership to Endowed for only $250.00
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#59

Post by flechero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:26 pm

bblhd672 wrote:Registration is open. Just ordered badges for myself and wife.

https://prereg.nraam.org/
Same here...

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: 147th Annual NRA Meeting in Dallas

#60

Post by Flightmare » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Thankyou for the heads up. My badge order just placed. Looking forward to this since last year.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”