Church Security Team help!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildRose
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Church Security Team help!!

Post by WildRose »

RossA wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm
rotor wrote:I understand the need but what does the church's insurance say about setting up security forces? I see tremendous liability problems in these situations once it is an organized church sponsored security force. I am not against it but I wonder about the legal issues and whether an attorney has been consulted. Real police if there is a suit are covered by the police force (taxpayer). Church though? Individuals in that security force? Who pays the legal bills if there is a shooting? There is another post running now about a woman who killed a BG that was trying to kill a cop. She is now being sued in civil court. Tough decisions. I wish that there was some kind of good samaritan law to protect the good guys.
Insurance and legal liability are always issues. But only to those who have survived a shooting. The first goal is to survive. Everything else is secondary.
Anyone can be sued for just about anything, that's one reason you should carry shooter's liability insurance as well as have a legal defense policy that covers you in the event of a shooting.

Unless there's some stipulation in the church's liability policy excluding coverage for such an instance there's no liability issue. What needs to be done is to have the Church's atty and insurance carrier examine their policy.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

EP45 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:00 pm Hello,
New poster. Quick question. If church has 30.06 and 30.07 (more concerned about the 30.06) signs, can the safety/security team actually carry with their LTC? It would seem to me to be a legally gray area. Basically we are going to allow LTC individuals we know to carry but not LTC individuals we do not know (or the decision could be made those we know but do not trust). I am assuming church leadership is making allowance to carry past a 30.06 sign on a written basis, but unsure what the law says (e.g. oral permission okay).

Thanks
They can if they are specifically given permission by the church's leadership.

Personally I would never suggest a church posting such signage as all it does is make them a prime target.
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

apostate wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35 pm How about a shirt that says "SALVATION" on it? ;-)
"We are not Sheep, they Sacrificed Our Lamb".

"Christian Pacifism" is one of the biggest lies ever told.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”