On Being Willing to Apply Violence (by Hsoi)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 3

On Being Willing to Apply Violence (by Hsoi)

Post by oljames3 »

https://blog.hsoi.com/2018/04/25/a-willingness/
Hsoi
People who choose to carry a gun or simply choose to own a gun for personal protection have come to accept there are evil people in this world. They have come to understand that sometimes the right and only response is a violent one.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Re: On Being Willing to Apply Violence (by Hsoi)

Post by montgomery »

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems" - USN SEAL Ryan Job, Team 3 Charlie, 1981 - 2009

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

It's a sad but undeniable truth that the only way to defeat violence is to meet it with greater violence.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm sorry Pawpaw, that's truth snowflakes can't handle....unless they're a member of the new brown shirt pro-fa gang, then violence is Malcolm McDowell like acceptable...

Of course, I'm convinced if they were confronted by those whose violence isn't amateurish, they'd vomit and run away as fast as their pipe stem arms and legs would carry them....

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I'd have Charles Darwin co-referee with Adolph.....
:shock:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

SRO1911 wrote:A personal favorite
"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never settles anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."
Robert Heinlein.

Violence is as inherently neutral as the tools used to carry it out. Surgery is violence for the greater good - purposeful violence has shaped our world, from the first cave dweller who picked up a stick and declared to nature he was NOT on the menu to today's techno soldier commanding death from above via a drone from his safe fob - purposeful violence.
Starship Troopers. One of my favorites. I read it in 1973 and joined the Army.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Tell the lamb that violence isn't acceptable.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Topic author
oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

AndyC wrote:I reject the leftist assumption that all violence is evil.
:iagree:
Violence is a tool which can be misused. The proper application of violence is essential to the health of the tree of Liberty. And to my own safety.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:iagree: They don't believe it either, otherwise they couldn't support dismembering children inside their mother's womb.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

bblhd672 wrote:
:iagree: They don't believe it either, otherwise they couldn't support dismembering children inside their mother's womb.
Or hitting people in the head with bike locks, sticks, etc. They believe in violence when it's them carrying it out! Leftist are violent hippocrites!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”
– Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”