Application status

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
13wyatt
Posts in topic: 3

Application status

Post by 13wyatt »

Ive done everything while trying to get a LTC as a new applicant the same time as my mom 2 weeks ago. When checking status online hers shows up a big box with things checked off. But on mine there's no check list. Have I done something wrong?

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Application status

Post by Odinvalknir »

It takes a little while sometimes. If you don't see the checklist, that means they have not begun looming at your application. It took about a week for my checks to appear. And another week or so after that for everything to go green and get my card.

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

Mines been 1 day shy of 2 weeks and no check list, she's had the check list since at least 4 days after sending in application which was first time she checked

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Odinvalknir »

I cannot say for certain, but it does seem to be that there is some Merit to calling them. I had a question the day that I submitted everything and actually needed to call them, but it actually got the ball rolling on mine fairly quickly. As I had email confirmation of documents received same day as submission. After a week or so I called to see if anything was happening and the next day I had my check list.

Many others have reported that calling seemed to help move things along a bit. Wether or not it's coincidental or actually had some impact is anybody's guess.

Frank59
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frank59 »

13wyatt wrote:Ive done everything while trying to get a LTC as a new applicant the same time as my mom 2 weeks ago. When checking status online hers shows up a big box with things checked off. But on mine there's no check list. Have I done something wrong?
Have you tried calling DPS?
Retired U.S. Army Sharp Shooter

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

No I hadn't compared mine and hers tell Friday night. I will be calling Monday morning though.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”