Purchasing question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
squirrelmaster9
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Purchasing question

Post by squirrelmaster9 »

I was only delayed. The ltc letter says they need the disposition. Maybe it was just backed up. Its only been since monday afternoon when the nics was run for the gun.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The weirdest things can creat a nics delay. Before getting my CHL/LTC I went through a frustrating period where I got turned down for delay sporadically. A gun dealer with his poop in a group caught the issue. My name on everything has Jr. at the end. Occasionally I would fail to put Jr on the app so instant delay. Never happened again one I started using my proper and exact Name.

I'm not saying this is your issue. I am just pointing out how it could be the most minor thing in the world. I had a friend once who would get delayed but it had something to do with some other person having his exact name. I was always confounded by that since the SS and DL numbers would not match.

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm
Allons wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 pm
Allons wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:03 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Allons wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm If this happened in Texas, you can run a DPS criminal background check to see if it shows up. Someone else's record could be on your report, accidents do happen. You can run a records search, for a couple of dollars, and it will show any arrest that is on your record. You can look under resolving Criminal History Errors to see how to dispute errors on your record. Here is the link: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWe ... alHistory/
Just did it and got nothing. Zero matches. I lived in tx till i was in middle school then moved to nj. Lived in nj for 22 years. I just moved back to tx 6 months ago.
No idea now... I guess you're gonna have to wait on that paperwork or Academy to call you back. Please keep us updated so this information might be able to help someone in the future.
Will do. Dps mailed me a letter june 14th according to a email. Any idea how long it will take to recieve? Im in el paso.
I would think it should be there tomorrow or next day, if they mailed it on the 14th.
Ok i got the letter rhey need info on that arrest but its a disorderly person/ improper behavior arrest
I yelled at the lady i didnt steal the buke lol i think thats what it was for
I don't think that would stop a background check to buy a gun though, maybe someone else will weigh in on that.
Im a proud owner of a glock 19. Went in to check and they just cleared it a minute before i went in. Now all i need is my court disposition for the yelling charge. Read it might disqualify me but its nit the same in nj and over 5 years ago. I have a petty disorderly conduct/ improper behavior. Its less then class c

Allons
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Allons wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm If this happened in Texas, you can run a DPS criminal background check to see if it shows up. Someone else's record could be on your report, accidents do happen. You can run a records search, for a couple of dollars, and it will show any arrest that is on your record. You can look under resolving Criminal History Errors to see how to dispute errors on your record. Here is the link: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWe ... alHistory/
Just did it and got nothing. Zero matches. I lived in tx till i was in middle school then moved to nj. Lived in nj for 22 years. I just moved back to tx 6 months ago.
No idea now... I guess you're gonna have to wait on that paperwork or Academy to call you back. Please keep us updated so this information might be able to help someone in the future.
Will do. Dps mailed me a letter june 14th according to a email. Any idea how long it will take to recieve? Im in el paso.
I would think it should be there tomorrow or next day, if they mailed it on the 14th.
Ok i got the letter rhey need info on that arrest but its a disorderly person/ improper behavior arrest
I don't think that would stop a background check to buy a gun though, maybe someone else will weigh in on that.
Im a proud owner of a glock 19. Went in to check and they just cleared it a minute before i went in. Now all i need is my court disposition for the yelling charge. Read it might disqualify me but its nit the same in nj and over 5 years ago. I have a petty disorderly conduct/ improper behavior. Its less then class c
Well glad that worked out for you now you need to turn in that paperwork as soon as possible to DPS.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

My backyard black barts and gonna get it :fire :tiphat:

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Well glad that worked out for you now you need to turn in that paperwork as soon as possible to DPS.
Can you confirm Winchester 9mm luger fmj 115 is good for target practice? It was $20 for 100 rounds

Allons

Post by Allons »

Yeah that's what I paid at walmart about a week ago
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Allons wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 pm Yeah that's what I paid at walmart about a week ago
Am i amble to fire my gun on my property or deep in the desert miles from homes?

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:38 pm
Allons wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 pm Yeah that's what I paid at walmart about a week ago
Am i amble to fire my gun on my property or deep in the desert miles from homes?
I dont know, depends on where you live, and neighbors.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Anyone can chime in on the law to firing on my properties or deep desert miles from homes. Im in el paso country town of socorro

pancho
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pancho »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:54 pm Anyone can chime in on the law to firing on my properties or deep desert miles from homes. Im in el paso country town of socorro
If you own a few square miles of desert you can shoot on your property as long as no bullets leave your property.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”