Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
proudpirate
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

DPS Supporting Documents Not Received

Post by proudpirate »

Howdy Everyone,

Going through the LTC application process for the first time here. So far it's been rather frustrating. Background check has been sitting at Under Review for the past two weeks. I had an arrest back in 2008 on a bench warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket. It was for expired registration, expired insurance, expired inspection, and failure to update dps on address change. All charges were a Class C Misdemeanor including the Failure to Appear due to being a traffic ticket. Ya I know I should have taken care all of that. But that's a story for another time. Anyways I spent two days in jail and paid all my fines. My record has been spotless ever since. On my application I put down that arrest and I supplied DPS with a copy of the Court Disposition paperwork. The dispositions state Docket Closed on some charges, Dismissed on one, and New Disposed on one. Like I said I paid all my fines. Fast forward to now and I get a letter in the mail yesterday stating that I need to "Provide a copy of the judgement court". I provided this when I applied. So it seems they lost my documents in the paper shuffle. I sent them another copy last night via the RSD website. I called them today to ask if they need anything else and the representative said they would mail me a letter if they need more info. Would be nice if they would let me know exactly what else they need without the run around. Anyways that's where I am right now. Maybe I am missing another document they need. Do they need a document showed I paid my fines in full, an arrest record from the police department and inmate records? Anyone been through this hassle and knows what else they need? Thank you.

Topic author
proudpirate
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: DPS Supporting Documents Not Received

Post by proudpirate »

proudpirate wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:27 pm Howdy Everyone,

Going through the LTC application process for the first time here. So far it's been rather frustrating. Background check has been sitting at Under Review for the past two weeks. I had an arrest back in 2008 on a bench warrant for an unpaid traffic ticket. It was for expired registration, expired insurance, expired inspection, and failure to update dps on address change. All charges were a Class C Misdemeanor including the Failure to Appear due to being a traffic ticket. Ya I know I should have taken care all of that. But that's a story for another time. Anyways I spent two days in jail and paid all my fines. My record has been spotless ever since. On my application I put down that arrest and I supplied DPS with a copy of the Court Disposition paperwork. The dispositions state Docket Closed on some charges, Dismissed on one, and New Disposed on one. Like I said I paid all my fines. Fast forward to now and I get a letter in the mail yesterday stating that I need to "Provide a copy of the judgement court". I provided this when I applied. So it seems they lost my documents in the paper shuffle. I sent them another copy last night via the RSD website. I called them today to ask if they need anything else and the representative said they would mail me a letter if they need more info. Would be nice if they would let me know exactly what else they need without the run around. Anyways that's where I am right now. Maybe I am missing another document they need. Do they need a document showed I paid my fines in full, an arrest record from the police department and inmate records? Anyone been through this hassle and knows what else they need? Thank you.
Everything is good. Background check is green and completed as if 07/28/2018 and is now in Print Pending.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DPS Supporting Documents Not Received

Post by Scott B. »

It's frustrating to be delayed for lost paperwork, but glad to see they resolved it and your license is en route.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”