Y'all ever had any trouble carrying while meeting a U.S. congressman?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Y'all ever had any trouble carrying while meeting a U.S. congressman?

Post by RoyGBiv »

I've cc'd at 2 townhalls (US Rep) without any problems. Both times were in a church that wasn't posted. YMMV.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Nope. I was carrying my S&W M&P M2.0 9m 5inch openly at the 2017 TSRA meeting. Senators Cruze and Cornyn spoke, as well as Texas state officials. No issues, only positive interactions.

Of course, meeting on federal property would be another thing entirely. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Russell wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:26 pm Just wanted to report back that I open carried about 15 ft or so away from Cruz - no issues. Never went through any sort of security or ticketing, nothing.

Only disruptions were by the Beto supporters yelling incoherently at Cruz about DACA. One of Cruz's campaign managers asked those of us that had big trucks to pull them around and block the protesters across the street, so that was fun :clapping:
now that's fun
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I won't feel fulfilled until Cruz publicly makes fun of Beto's nickname in Spanish without Beto realizing it. There must be some obscure Cuban word for "poser" that Hispanic voters would recognize.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 pm I won't feel fulfilled until Cruz publicly makes fun of Beto's nickname in Spanish without Beto realizing it. There must be some obscure Cuban word for "poser" that Hispanic voters would recognize.
That would absolutely be the best thing in politics for the year, possible more. Its up there with the Hillary Fan's Crying video compilation... lol!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”