Having your permit on your person?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Having your permit on your person?

Post by bblhd672 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 am
ELB wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:11 am ...
I can't even remember the last time I had to show someone my LTC
You obviously aren't buying enough firearms....!!

:reddevil
:iagree: Once I got my LTC I have never produced DL for a firearm purchase, or voting, or anyplace else that asks for an ID...although I can't get the checkout people at Total Wine to look at my ID.....

My DL and LTC reside in the same pocket of my wallet. Although the penalty for not having LTC when carrying is removed I agree its better practice to have it on you if asked by LEO.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Maxwell wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:53 am

Personally I would not carry without my IDs on me.
^ This ^

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

NewGunGuy3 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:24 pm I have a question about carrying the permit while carrying concealed.

When I'm at stores or other locations, I have my wallet in my pocket and, as a result, my permit is "on my person." I'm thinking of carrying concealed at church but I *never* have my wallet on me. it's always locked in the car because it doesn't really fit in my church clothes. If I carry concealed, is that a violation? Does the permit have to be on my person or is sufficient to have it out in the parking lot? Not that I expect anyone to stop me and ask for my permit unless something bad happens and I have to use my weapon. But I thought I'd ask.

Thanks
If it isn't too personal, would you elaborate on your wallet conundrum please? I'm trying to picture the Sunday go to meeting clothes that accommodate concealed carry but hasn't enough room for a wallet.

Clearly you need to carry your license when you carry your gun.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I situations where carry was desired, and a wallet was inconvenient, I have sometimes taken my DL and LTC out of my wallet, and slid them into the case on my phone.
NRA lifetime member

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

John Galt wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:34 pm
Maxwell wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:53 am

Personally I would not carry without my IDs on me.
^ This ^
Exactly. Why risk it and why put a cop in that position to begin with? We're supposed to be the "good guys" they don't have to worry about.

In a small town where you are well known it may never be an issue at all. Every cop in the county knows me and knows I'm always armed and that I'm the last guy they'd ever have to worry about but even here at home I'm not going to put them in such a position.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”