2A Interview with popular magazine

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2A Interview with popular magazine

Post by KLB »

Scott Farkus wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:11 pmSo, taken to a logical conclusion, citizens have no right to own anything. Which as most of us know or at least strongly suspect, is the end game with these people.
Without a doubt.

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 3

Post by locke_n_load »

Hello Everyone, sorry I fell off the radar here, lots of good information and advice, I read as much as I could before going in/in the waitroom.

The interview was with Time Magazine. It turned out to be a photo shoot, then the interview was actually the opportunity to say literally whatever we wanted about the 2nd amendment/firearms in America, and the only editing they said they would do would be to remove empty air times. They were true to their word. I chose to speak about the history of the 2A, as there were many there speaking on current events.
I am on the cover of the magazine, along with 300 or so other faces haha.

There is an online version, where you can click on me and here my audio.
http://time.com/guns-in-america/
Once the intro starts playing, you can hit skip if you want, then scroll down until you see the full image, I'm on the far far right, last guy on the 2nd row. Carlyle Locke
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

That was great. Well done.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don’t know how I missed this thread earlier, but very well done on that recording. I’m curious as to how Time got ahold of you?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Scott Farkus wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:11 pm ^^That reminds me of another one. In reference (ostensibly) to "assault rifles", you hear a lot of "These are weapons of war that are designed to kill!! Citizens have no right to own them!!!" hysteria.

Well, if "weapons of war" is the standard, virtually every firearm was originally designed to be a "weapon of war". And if "designed to kill" is the standard, well, that's the whole purpose of a firearm. So, taken to a logical conclusion, citizens have no right to own anything. Which as most of us know or at least strongly suspect, is the end game with these people.
A more effective argument against "assault weapons" as weapons of war is to ask the person you're speaking with to name two countries that use any of the semiauto rifles people place into this category as the primary arm of their infantry. There aren't any, because without full auto function they would be hopelessly outmatched by any other military's guns. Semiautos are simply unsuitable for that purpose but they're downright handy for citizen uses.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Remember the bogus editing done by Katie Couric, and record your interview yourself. Preferably with an open-carry video recorder, but surreptitious audio recorder if need be.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

locke_n_load wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 am Hello Everyone, sorry I fell off the radar here, lots of good information and advice, I read as much as I could before going in/in the waitroom.

The interview was with Time Magazine. It turned out to be a photo shoot, then the interview was actually the opportunity to say literally whatever we wanted about the 2nd amendment/firearms in America, and the only editing they said they would do would be to remove empty air times. They were true to their word. I chose to speak about the history of the 2A, as there were many there speaking on current events.
I am on the cover of the magazine, along with 300 or so other faces haha.

There is an online version, where you can click on me and here my audio.
http://time.com/guns-in-america/
Once the intro starts playing, you can hit skip if you want, then scroll down until you see the full image, I'm on the far far right, last guy on the 2nd row. Carlyle Locke

Congratulations on being included. :tiphat: Thank you for the link. Those are some stories, from heart warming
to heart breaking and everything in between. They must rotate the stories as yours was one I did not hear. I will
check back w that video every so often to see if I'm correct on that point.
Some of those stories like Pastor & firearms instructor or Trauma surgeon & self confessed gun lover . . . wow

:txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:27 am I don’t know how I missed this thread earlier, but very well done on that recording. I’m curious as to how Time got ahold of you?
Thanks. Last year I got scuba certified, and one of the other students there was a writer/podcast director for Lone Star Gun Rights (Derek Wills). Obviously me being a firearms enthusiast/instructor we became friends, and somehow he got asked to do the interview and to get some others to come and speak. Couldn't pass up the opportunity.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”