Question....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Brooder
Posts in topic: 4

Question....

Post by Brooder »

I lost my job on Monday. Do I have to notify DPS that I no longer work there, and give them the new contact information when I do find a job?

Thanks!

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question....

Post by Mel »

I don't remember any requirement of having a job to possessing an LTC! I know a lot of retired people that carry every day.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

yeah, only if you move your residence do you need to tell DPS about it. losing your job or getting a new job has nothing to do with it. good luck on the job search. ive been unemployed for over a year. got laid off last september and it's hard out there to get a job right now...
NRA Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Today I renewed my LTC online. They did have a field for my work telephone, but I agree that DPS does not seem to require that work phone change between renewals. Your residence change.....yes.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
Brooder

Post by Brooder »

Ok. Thanks everyone!

Topic author
Brooder

Post by Brooder »

Grundy1133 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 pm yeah, only if you move your residence do you need to tell DPS about it. losing your job or getting a new job has nothing to do with it. good luck on the job search. ive been unemployed for over a year. got laid off last september and it's hard out there to get a job right now...

Sorry. Hope you find something soon too. Indeed seems to work pretty well. It's alot better than Glassdoor or the other job apps imo.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Brooder wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 pm yeah, only if you move your residence do you need to tell DPS about it. losing your job or getting a new job has nothing to do with it. good luck on the job search. ive been unemployed for over a year. got laid off last september and it's hard out there to get a job right now...

Sorry. Hope you find something soon too. Indeed seems to work pretty well. It's alot better than Glassdoor or the other job apps imo.
Thanks I appreciate it. I was previously working in the Aerospace industry and so i've been trying to fine a similar job. I think I might have found one. Safran is a french company who does electrical engineering for airlines like boeing and airbus and bell helicopter. waiting on my BG check and drug screening results so come back. the ironic part is that Safran bought out the company that laid me off last year lol. maybe I'll get to keep my senority and my pay rate. :biggrinjester:
NRA Member

Topic author
Brooder

Post by Brooder »

Grundy1133 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks I appreciate it. I was previously working in the Aerospace industry and so i've been trying to fine a similar job. I think I might have found one. Safran is a french company who does electrical engineering for airlines like boeing and airbus and bell helicopter. waiting on my BG check and drug screening results so come back. the ironic part is that Safran bought out the company that laid me off last year lol. maybe I'll get to keep my senority and my pay rate. :biggrinjester:

That would be great if you did. That's a very good field to be in. That is something I wish I would've done. I got a job yesterday, but cannot start for 4-6 weeks. Did my drug test after the interview and they're doing my background check now.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Brooder wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 am

That would be great if you did. That's a very good field to be in. That is something I wish I would've done. I got a job yesterday, but cannot start for 4-6 weeks. Did my drug test after the interview and they're doing my background check now.
Shame you couldn’t just show your LTC and tell them you’ve been through an extensive background check already

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Tex1961 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:33 am
Brooder wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:25 am

Shame you couldn’t just show your LTC and tell them you’ve been through an extensive background check already
Well I go in monday to sign my offer of employment papers which means i got the job. alright! good luck to you and your search! hopefully you can find something to do for th e4-6 weeks youre unable to work!
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”