Man arrested for carrying at Mass. Anyone know anything more?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man arrested for carrying at Mass. Anyone know anything more?

Post by oljames3 »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am Let he who has no sword sell his cloak and buy a sword. Use appropriate force to PROTECT life!
:iagree:
I often say that I spent 34 years in uniform to protect the right of all Americans to be as stupid as that want to be.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

According to the Diocese:
The purpose of Catholic facilities is to serve human life in all its stages from conception to natural death. The presence of any weapon which could cause physical harm would be incompatible with this purpose.
Speaking as one of the proverbial lapsed irish Catholics, I find this statement droll given the primacy of the cross as an icon of catholicism, and the number of people who perished while hanging from one. You have multiple crosses present in every church, but you're worried about my EDC. Pot calling the kettle black........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

WildRose
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildRose »

C-dub wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:06 am
AF-Odin wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am Let he who has no sword sell his cloak and buy a sword. Use appropriate force to PROTECT life!
Exactly!
"He that hammers his sword into a plowshare will plow for those who didn't".
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildRose »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm
According to the Diocese:
The purpose of Catholic facilities is to serve human life in all its stages from conception to natural death. The presence of any weapon which could cause physical harm would be incompatible with this purpose.
Speaking as one of the proverbial lapsed irish Catholics, I find this statement droll given the primacy of the cross as an icon of catholicism, and the number of people who perished while hanging from one. You have multiple crosses present in every church, but you're worried about my EDC. Pot calling the kettle black........
Not to mention the inquisitions, witch trials, and millions of people being jailed, tortured, and killed for heresy and other sins.

When the Vatican Police and Swiss Guards give up their weapons the pope can talk to me about disarming.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”