Man arrested for carrying at Mass. Anyone know anything more?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Man arrested for carrying at Mass. Anyone know anything more?

Post by flechero »

WildRose wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 pm
flechero wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 pm
WildRose wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:14 pm
They were in the process of warning him off of the property completely with a trespass notice but it hadn't been completed prior to the Sunday Mass according to a couple of members I talked to.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean? Either he was given notice or he wasn't, I don't see rrom for any middle ground.
Correct, there is no middle ground, I'm simply providing the background information as to what led up to this as it was provided to me.
Hope I didn't come off as sassy, that wasn't my intent. I guess you were given ambiguous info.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildRose »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:35 pm
WildRose wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 pm
flechero wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 pm
WildRose wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:14 pm
They were in the process of warning him off of the property completely with a trespass notice but it hadn't been completed prior to the Sunday Mass according to a couple of members I talked to.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean? Either he was given notice or he wasn't, I don't see rrom for any middle ground.
Correct, there is no middle ground, I'm simply providing the background information as to what led up to this as it was provided to me.
Hope I didn't come off as sassy, that wasn't my intent. I guess you were given ambiguous info.
I posted directly from what they sent me in quote form and am doing my best to relate by paraphrasing the other information I got from the church members and verbally from the the PD over the phone.

This actually began on Wednesday, he just wasn't arrested until he showed up on Sunday. There are charges relating to both incidents.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

"Apparently he made verbal threats of using deadly force on Wednesday when he was training to be an usher and after being warned not to bring firearms back on campus did so on Sunday."

did he make a specific threat, ie. "I'm gonna kill/shoot you/Jim" or "I'll shoot anyone who comes into the church and tries to shoot us"? The first is specific and a threat. The second is silly and hardly a crime, except in these incredibly stupid trigger sensitive days..
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I think that the fact, that he not only carried hand guns in to his "usher training" he also brought a rifle, in a violin case. Then, displayed, his guns to others. This guy sounds like someone, who was looking to push the envelope. I'll bet, if he had simply gone in CC, no one would have known he was carrying, but he wanted to be the "look at what I'v'e got" guy, and dared them to do something about it. He was given effective notice not to carry, no matter, whether it is classified as a school, or not. But he made what they considered to be threats, how specific they were, we don't know, and so they had security in place, if he showed up, and low and behold, he did, again, displaying his gun(s)

I don't think this will go the way he hopes, I don't know if all of the charges are applicable, but I think he has copulated the canine. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

I said before I think he has an agenda, but reading some of the info there's a madness to his method! Time may tell what the whole thing is about. I think he'll beat some of those charges.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

puma guy wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:31 pm I said before I think he has an agenda, but reading some of the info there's a madness to his method! Time may tell what the whole thing is about. I think he'll beat some of those charges.
The only charge I think he may beat is the "restricted place" carry and that's questionable because it's also a school. That offense also occurred on Wednesday during the school week and even the sanctuary is a classroom in a catholic school.

The threats of the use of deadly force he's not going to beat in all likelihood.
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 pm "Apparently he made verbal threats of using deadly force on Wednesday when he was training to be an usher and after being warned not to bring firearms back on campus did so on Sunday."

did he make a specific threat, ie. "I'm gonna kill/shoot you/Jim" or "I'll shoot anyone who comes into the church and tries to shoot us"? The first is specific and a threat. The second is silly and hardly a crime, except in these incredibly stupid trigger sensitive days..
From what I was told he did, I don't have anything in writing as to the exact exchanges between he and the parishoners or what he actually admitted to speaking to the original investigating officer.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Russell wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 pm Looks like they are trying to charge him at the federal level with possession of a firearm in a school zone:

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/3911 ... -property/

Interesting...
Yep, that's what we've been discussing. Also they are violating him as a drug offender in possession of a firearm at the federal level.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

DXer wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 pm This is the sort of story that gets cc'ed to every anti handgun group in the nation and makes life harder for the rest of us. I'm hoping he wasn't licensed anywhere.
He's licensed both to carry and as an LTC instructor in Texas; or was.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RicoTX »

I'm not sure why he would bother. I respect their position... the people who attend church or events on that property accept that if a bad guy with a gun shows up, they do not want anyone else armed. That's their rule, so why would he even want to be associated with them? I know I wouldn't.

According to the Diocese:
"Concealed weapons are banned from all Catholic church buildings in the Diocese of Amarillo. The purpose of Catholic facilities is to serve human life in all its stages from conception to natural death. The presence of any weapon which could cause physical harm would be incompatible with this purpose."
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RicoTX wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:51 am I'm not sure why he would bother. I respect their position... the people who attend church or events on that property accept that if a bad guy with a gun shows up, they do not want anyone else armed. That's their rule, so why would he even want to be associated with them? I know I wouldn't.

According to the Diocese:
"Concealed weapons are banned from all Catholic church buildings in the Diocese of Amarillo. The purpose of Catholic facilities is to serve human life in all its stages from conception to natural death. The presence of any weapon which could cause physical harm would be incompatible with this purpose."
IMO, this is an incredibly ignorant statement from the diocese. It smacks of the same type of ignorance exhibited from liberal "logic" from supposedly intelligent people. :banghead:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AF-Odin »

Let he who has no sword sell his cloak and buy a sword. Use appropriate force to PROTECT life!
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am Let he who has no sword sell his cloak and buy a sword. Use appropriate force to PROTECT life!
Exactly!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”