LTC application question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

LTC application question

Post by Grundy1133 »

Ok guys... Stay with me on this. My girlfriend FINALLY decided to submist her LTC application. After a day or 2 i asked her what address she used. She's currently staying with her aunt but it's not a permanent thing. I found a job finally so we will be moving in probably a month or 2. But anyway she said sh eput her aunts house on the LTC application however on her DL it has the address of a house she hasn't lived in in over 4 years. :banghead: . So she asked me what to do. I told her I don't know. Can she just call the DPS and say hey I need to do an address change for my DL and my LTC application (so that they match) or will they reject her and she have to go thru the application process all over again? (after she fixes the address on her DL)
NRA Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC application question

Post by Jusme »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:52 am Ok guys... Stay with me on this. My girlfriend FINALLY decided to submist her LTC application. After a day or 2 i asked her what address she used. She's currently staying with her aunt but it's not a permanent thing. I found a job finally so we will be moving in probably a month or 2. But anyway she said sh eput her aunts house on the LTC application however on her DL it has the address of a house she hasn't lived in in over 4 years. :banghead: . So she asked me what to do. I told her I don't know. Can she just call the DPS and say hey I need to do an address change for my DL and my LTC application (so that they match) or will they reject her and she have to go thru the application process all over again? (after she fixes the address on her DL)
I'm sure she can do that, she can change her DL address, on line usually. People move frequently, and so I doubt she is the only one, needing to change her address, on her application. The DPS may have a simple way to do that without having to go through the whole process, again. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC application question

Post by Grundy1133 »

Jusme wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:39 am
Grundy1133 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:52 am Ok guys... Stay with me on this. My girlfriend FINALLY decided to submist her LTC application. After a day or 2 i asked her what address she used. She's currently staying with her aunt but it's not a permanent thing. I found a job finally so we will be moving in probably a month or 2. But anyway she said sh eput her aunts house on the LTC application however on her DL it has the address of a house she hasn't lived in in over 4 years. :banghead: . So she asked me what to do. I told her I don't know. Can she just call the DPS and say hey I need to do an address change for my DL and my LTC application (so that they match) or will they reject her and she have to go thru the application process all over again? (after she fixes the address on her DL)
I'm sure she can do that, she can change her DL address, on line usually. People move frequently, and so I doubt she is the only one, needing to change her address, on her application. The DPS may have a simple way to do that without having to go through the whole process, again. JMHO
Alright thanks. I figured it'd be something along those lines.. I'll have her changed the driver's license as soon as she can and i guess if theres any issues the DPS will contact her. I just dont want her to have to pay the $40 again becuase of something as simple as an address change...
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”