American Bank center convention center

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: American Bank center convention center

Post by Boxerrider »

The center is owned by the city of Corpus Christi and managed by SMG. http://americanbankcenter.com/info/about-us/
My interpretation; if your question was about carrying to a professional sporting event then CCPD was correct, but if it was something else (Health & Fitness Fair or Home & Garden Show) then licensed carry cannot legally be prohibited.
While "Any Weapon" is prohibited, I don't see "Firearms" specifically listed on their Guest Info page http://americanbankcenter.com/info/guest-info/, not under Prohibited Items or Additional Prohibited Items.

If the city of Austin gets raked over the coals next week, then we might see these practices changed. I'm not holding my breath.
I suggest reporting it anyway. Our state leaders need to see the size of this problem.

Jeff

roadkill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roadkill »

dedeye wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:39 pm And The Event Was a Best of the Best for area Businesses. i'm sure i'll be back to confirm posting on main Entrance.
I’ve delt rather extensively with CCPD internal affairs regarding officers enforcing no carry where they cannot do so (NCAD building). I briefly told IA that this issue would extend beyond the case I brought forth. I’m pretty positive the officer you encountered was off duty as well. I’d suggest you reach out to IA and push the issue. If you’d like I could PM you the contact info of the officer I delt with. Chances are he’s going to remember my case and it’ll jump start getting this resolved.

roadkill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roadkill »

Signage doesn’t matter. My case with NCAD had no signage involved. Same as your case, an officer gave you verbal notice. VERBAL NOTICE. That is or at least should be sufficient to bring forth an investigation from the AG. I’ll dig into my notes and contacts tomorrow so you will have a jumpstart on things. You’ll need to go about serving notice and do that deal I suspect before anything is done. Not sure what happens cause it’s verbal. Maybe an email to the AG office asking about procedure for verbal notice violations cause it’s not like you can see a sign removed. I know the CCPD IA will take notice of the complaint. If you don’t have the officers name your going to need date and time so they can locate who was working.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Unless the event is a sporting event I see no way this prohibition is lawful since it's a gov't owned property.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 pm Unless the event is a sporting event I see no way this prohibition is lawful since it's a gov't owned property.
Particularly a professional or scholastic sporting event. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”