CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildRose
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Re:

Post by WildRose »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm
WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:34 pm ....
No, you miss a key point. The entire campus and all the buildings are a school. The moment he entered the building he was in violation. The Wednesday offence actually took place in one of the classrooms.
Let me summarize.

Bozo charged federally with 18 USC 922q(2)A...for carrying a gun in a school zone.
At the time Bozo has a Texas LTC that meets the criteria of 18 USC 922q(2)B(II), therefore A does not apply. If his lawyer is worth 2 cents she’ll move to dismiss that charge when he’s arraigned. Move on to the next charge. The entire campus and all buildings are federally school zones....so what. That portion of the Federal statute does not apply.
Licensed or not he was in violation upon entering the school building while armed which he admitted to the arresting officer when he was first interviewed and of course there were several complaining witnesses as well.

Let me be clear, I'm still on the fence as to this being federal overreach, I am however relating what I have picked up from the PD, church members and close friends familiar with both the case and the man who was arrested.

Apparently he's fairly well known for being a nut.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ScottDLS »

WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:15 pm
No, you miss a key point. The entire campus and all the buildings are a school. The moment he entered the building he was in violation. The Wednesday offence actually took place in one of the classrooms.
Let me summarize.

Bozo charged federally with 18 USC 922q(2)A...for carrying a gun in a school zone.
At the time Bozo has a Texas LTC that meets the criteria of 18 USC 922q(2)B(II), therefore A does not apply. If his lawyer is worth 2 cents she’ll move to dismiss that charge when he’s arraigned. Move on to the next charge. The entire campus and all buildings are federally school zones....so what. That portion of the Federal statute does not apply.
Licensed or not he was in violation upon entering the school building while armed which he admitted to the arresting officer when he was first interviewed and of course there were several complaining witnesses as well.

Let me be clear, I'm still on the fence as to this being federal overreach, I am however relating what I have picked up from the PD, church members and close friends familiar with both the case and the man who was arrested.

He WAS NOT guilty of violating 18 USC 922q GFSZA upon entering the building. He was violating TEXAS PC 46.03. That is completely irrelevant to the Federal charges.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
WildRose
Posts in topic: 22

Post by WildRose »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:21 pm
WildRose wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:15 pm
Let me summarize.

He WAS NOT guilty of violating 18 USC 922q GFSZA upon entering the building. He was violating TEXAS PC 46.03. That is completely irrelevant to the Federal charges.
Being licensed is one of the exceptions to possession of a firearm on the premises as defined by the fed's.

Once he entered the building he was no longer legally carrying because the LTC does not allow for us to enter any of the buildings, sporting events etc.

At least that seems to be what the Federal Prosecutors are arguing.

We'll see how it all plays out.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Interesting Twist on Amarillo Man St. Mary's Catholic Church Arrest

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”