LTC and "criminal street gang"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 7

Re: LTC and "criminal street gang"

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

E.Marquez wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 am
True and there's the rub. Simply by associating as a member everyone is a participant but it must first be proven in court that they have actually done something that is illegal.
I think (barely but I try)aiding and abetting a criminal is a crime in TX? https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.7.htm
If so would not membership and association (actual physical proximity, interaction co activities) with those gang members who are criminals meet the intent of that law for other members?
This would be an extremely dangerous precedent since by extension you could be held liable for any crimes committed by people that you associate with.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E.Marquez »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:00 pm
This would be an extremely dangerous precedent since by extension you could be held liable for any crimes committed by people that you associate with.
already a "thing"
RICO or Enterprise corruption
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigtek »

WildRose wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:19 pm Would Antifa qualify as a criminal street gang?
They should.
:thumbs2:

www.politico.com
antifa protesters came looking for violence, and “engaged in several activities indicating proficiency in pre-operational planning, to include organizing carpools to travel from different locations, raising bail money in preparation for arrests, counter-surveilling law enforcement using three-man scout teams, using handheld radios for communication, and coordinating the event via social media,” the DHS report said.

The intelligence assessments focus less on guns than handmade weapons used by antifa, with photos of members brandishing ax handles and shields, often with industrial-sized bolts attached to create crude bayonets. A senior state law enforcement official said, “A whole bunch of them” have been deemed dangerous enough to be placed on U.S. terrorism watch lists.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BBYC »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 pm And I'm assuming you are being facetious by referring to the RKBA as a "privilege". If not, then we are so far apart on the underlying issue here that we probably will never see eye to eye.
I don't but clearly the legislature thinks it's a privilege rather than a right, based on the restrictions they enshrined in chapter 46 of the Texas penal code. Even a "shall issue" LTC presupposes a privilege rather than a right, because people don't need to take a class and pay for a license to vote, to pray, to have a lawyer present during questioning, or even to have an abortion.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”