State Fair carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyBoy
Posts in topic: 1

State Fair carry

Post by RoyBoy »

Went to the state fair on opening day. I knew from the website that concealed carry was allowed. When I got to the metal detectors I informed
the lady checking us that I would set off the metal detector due to concealed carry. She simply told me to walk around the detector and show
the nearest policeman my LTC. I walked over to a policeman sitting on a raised platform and showed him my LTC. He took a short glance at it
and told me to have a nice day and enjoy the fair. So all in all a good interaction. But the truth is, I could have just walked on in and not said
anything. The policeman was looking at 10 plus lines of people. Not a very secure setup for them. But they did keep me from carrying my
pocket knife in! "rlol"

RogueUSMC

Re: State Fair carry

Post by RogueUSMC »

The officer never said anything about my pocket knives...lol

ADD: The officer did inform me that open carry was prohibited...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Lena

Post by Lena »

Not going this year but that was a copy of my visit last year they told me to put my knife totally in my pocket with clip not showing
Stay Safe

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

RoyBoy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:23 pm Went to the state fair on opening day. I knew from the website that concealed carry was allowed. When I got to the metal detectors I informed
the lady checking us that I would set off the metal detector due to concealed carry. She simply told me to walk around the detector and show
the nearest policeman my LTC. I walked over to a policeman sitting on a raised platform and showed him my LTC. He took a short glance at it
and told me to have a nice day and enjoy the fair. So all in all a good interaction. But the truth is, I could have just walked on in and not said
anything. The policeman was looking at 10 plus lines of people. Not a very secure setup for them. But they did keep me from carrying my
pocket knife in! "rlol"
yep. Dumb and dumber were staffing the metal detector. I was told I could carry in my HG but not my pocket folder.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:04 pm
RoyBoy wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:23 pm Went to the state fair on opening day. I knew from the website that concealed carry was allowed. When I got to the metal detectors I informed
pocket knife in! "rlol"
yep. Dumb and dumber were staffing the metal detector. I was told I could carry in my HG but not my pocket folder.
So, the answer is to carry your concealed knife so close to your handgun that D&D can't tell?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

im gonna start a new thread...

Pocketknives: concealed vs open carry

:biggrinjester:
NRA Member

NNT

Post by NNT »

Grundy1133 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 pm im gonna start a new thread...

I wear a badge when carrying a concealed knife so they know it’s ok.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

pocket knife in! "rlol"
I had the same thing happen at Dallas City Hall. I know the state law makes them have to let me in with a pistol. However I would expect someone to go, well we let him in with a G17 and 2 spare mags, maybe his 2" old timer is okay. But no, had to walk all the way back out to the truck to put my super dangerous pocket knife up.
NRA Benefactor Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm
pocket knife in! "rlol"
So, the answer is to carry your concealed knife so close to your handgun that D&D can't tell?
The answer appears to be that honesty is simply NOT the best policy. :banghead:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Allons

Post by Allons »

NNT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:49 pm

"rlol"
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Allons wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm
NNT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:49 pm

"rlol"
I still prefer the sash and tiara. They keep me from getting shot by the responding police officers.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm
pocket knife in! "rlol"
:thumbs2: They waved me right through when they saw mine.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The State Fair no longer interests me and after my battle with them and the city over CC several years ago I no longer care to fight that again with OC.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”