Thursday the 11th

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Brooder
Posts in topic: 1

Thursday the 11th

Post by Brooder »

I signed up for a 2 hr class at Nagel's here in San Antonio that covers, more in depth, the use of force and deadly force. It was only $10. It's offered by [Pre-paid legal service]. I'm a member of the USCCA. Became a Platinum member awhile back. $30.05 a month. Anyone else a member?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Thursday the 11th

Post by mojo84 »

I have no interest in paying to hear a sales pitch. I'm sure they will do all they can to scare you so you will buy into their program.

If you pay me $10, I'll come share some scary claim stories with you and then tell you you need to buy insurance from me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m an Elite Member. I believe it in and it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:19 pm I’m an Elite Member. I believe it in and it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
They also provide a great range of training materials and seminars like this one much or even most of which is free to members.

You will never know it all and we can all benefit from learning as much as we can. If nothing else the "continuing education" keeps you in the right mindset and keeps you thinking of all the possibilities without going paranoid.

I teach and have for a long time the principle of "defensive driving for life", IE applying the same skills in every day life we apply to defensive driving and I'm a firm believer in having as many tools in our toolboxes as possible.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

i have TXLS once my membership expires im thinking of switching to USCCA... I dont like TXLS scare tactics they use to get people to buy their insurance.
NRA Member

flechero

Not sure I get it...

Post by flechero »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:30 am i have TXLS once my membership expires im thinking of switching to USCCA... I dont like TXLS scare tactics they use to get people to buy their insurance.
Curious as to what uscca offers over txls? If the objection is only the initial sales pitch, you are past that... so if there isn't much of a difference in coverage/premium/fees- it seems you've nothing to gain. ?

All of the providers of these kind of services have some people that use scare tactics. I think it's more of an individual's income strategy than the company training this type of pitch.

Anyway, just curious if there is more to it. (Oh, I'm not a member of either)

Grundy1133

Re: Not sure I get it...

Post by Grundy1133 »

flechero wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 am
Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:30 am i have TXLS once my membership expires im thinking of switching to USCCA... I dont like TXLS scare tactics they use to get people to buy their insurance.
Curious as to what uscca offers over txls? If the objection is only the initial sales pitch, you are past that... so if there isn't much of a difference in coverage/premium/fees- it seems you've nothing to gain. ?

All of the providers of these kind of services have some people that use scare tactics. I think it's more of an individual's income strategy than the company training this type of pitch.

from what i understand with USCCA you get to choose your attorney whereas with TXLS they just give you whoever is available. I'd like to have the best possible choice representing me other than someone who has a lot of losses under his belt. lol
NRA Member

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:58 am
flechero wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 am

from what i understand with USCCA you get to choose your attorney whereas with TXLS they just give you whoever is available. I'd like to have the best possible choice representing me other than someone who has a lot of losses under his belt. lol
They will also cover you no matter what, no small print that allows them to refuse your case. Many of the other services can and will. That's the main thing that got me to choose them.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

WildRose wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 am

They will also cover you no matter what, no small print that allows them to refuse your case. Many of the other services can and will. That's the main thing that got me to choose them.
That is a very broad and strong statement that I doubt holds true.

Edit: Upon scanning their policy form, it does not hold true. I suggest anyone read the policy terms very carefully, particularly the "exclusions", "defense payments and expenses" and "self defense liability conditions".
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”