License holder shoots his own dog

Post by Greybeard »

CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 1

Re: License holder shoots his own dog

Post by Grundy1133 »

If it was his dog and he knew how his dog would act, I'm glad he made the decision to prevent any potential injuries/deaths to the children. While the outcome wasn't ideal, I always value human life over an animals life. IMO he did the right thing (but it could have been prevented by having the dog on a leash to begin with)
NRA Member

VectorWega
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VectorWega »

A pit bull owner shooting his own sweet lil pittie rather than blaming the other dog? That's a first!

On Christmas Day, I saw a 45 year old woman try to fight some teenage girls because their 15lb Shihtzu wasn't on leash and tried to attack her. She was going wild and her kids had to hold her back lol. Anyways, I'm not sure why people insist on walking their dogs off leash, especially a pit bull.

If someone's pit bull decided to attack my Alabai or Tosa Inu, I'd tell the owner to holster his gun because my dogs will take care of that sweet lil pittie no problem.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, let's just ban EVERYTHING that might ever hurt anyone anywhere, that'll make everyone safe and sound. OR, maybe if we held individuals accountable for their personal actions with penalties that mattered, they might stop doing bad stuff. You know, like shooting up schools, or making their dogs aggressive and running them around off the leash.

VectorWega
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VectorWega »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm Well, let's just ban EVERYTHING that might ever hurt anyone anywhere, that'll make everyone safe and sound. OR, maybe if we held individuals accountable for their personal actions with penalties that mattered, they might stop doing bad stuff. You know, like shooting up schools, or making their dogs aggressive and running them around off the leash.
Who said anything about banning anything? Your banning comment came out of nowhere. BTW, american pit bull terriers are naturally aggressive as are all terrier dogs. Sure, there are some anomalies but lmao @ making a terrier aggressive.

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

These stories make me mad. I have a pitt, she would sooner lick you to death than bite you. That said, walking her off leash would be about as smart sweeping my "unloaded" gun for fun. Sure, it is perfectly safe until it isn't...

I think anyone on this board can get annoyed with owners of "X" that give "X" a bad name. I know that guns and dogs are different because dogs think and act for themselves, but similar safety rules apply. Always assume your sweet baby is loaded and everything will be fine.

The funny thing about my dogs is that my super friendly looking dog is always scared...making him much more dangerous.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”