Re: LTC - Change of Address

Post by GeekwithaGun »

your good to go - just wait for the reprint
NRA Life Member

TheSoundGrip
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TheSoundGrip »

Submitted my address change online last week and still waiting on the new card to come in. Got my new DL today.

I haven’t been carrying since I updated my address online because I’ve been reading mixed answers and not really direct answers to my question, but am I correct that once you have submitted the address change you cannot carry until both your DL and LTC have come in with the updated address, even if my LTC has not expired and I am just doing an address change?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TheSoundGrip wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm Submitted my address change online last week and still waiting on the new card to come in. Got my new DL today.

I haven’t been carrying since I updated my address online because I’ve been reading mixed answers and not really direct answers to my question, but am I correct that once you have submitted the address change you cannot carry until both your DL and LTC have come in with the updated address, even if my LTC has not expired and I am just doing an address change?
I don't know about the LTC, but I know that when you make an address change on your DL, you can print out a paper copy, to carry when you drive. I would think that the LTC would be similar, but again, I have not had an address change since I got mine.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TheSoundGrip wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm Submitted my address change online last week and still waiting on the new card to come in. Got my new DL today.

What I am hearing at work from fingerprinting customers I have served in the last month or two is that getting their new LTC once prints/photo and LTC100 form were submitted took about 4-5 weeks. I’m guessing that a simple address change should be faster than that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”