Allen TX hockey carry??

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Allen TX hockey carry??

Post by oohrah »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm My question primarily was concerned with whether or not it was a high school, college, or professional event that would be illegal anyway.

I’m not familiar with “The Americans.” Unless you’re talking about the television show.
Remember, college athletic events are no longer automatically illegal since campus carry went into effect. Colleges/universities must specifically post 30.06, and public institutions have to justify to the lege why they are restricting carry.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott Farkus »

oohrah wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pmRemember, college athletic events are no longer automatically illegal since campus carry went into effect. Colleges/universities must specifically post 30.06, and public institutions have to justify to the lege why they are restricting carry.
I'm not aware of any public universities that did not post athletic events after the change. Because give them the option and of course they'll take it. UT prints the notice on the back of the tickets; not sure if this is how everybody else does it or not.

Just to clarify, they don't have to justify posting a sporting event, they can just do it. They DO have to justify posting other parts of campus, and iirc they were supposed to submit a report to the Legislature at some point listing what was posted and why. I didn't follow up on whether they did this or what the outcome was.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

oohrah wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm My question primarily was concerned with whether or not it was a high school, college, or professional event that would be illegal anyway.

I’m not familiar with “The Americans.” Unless you’re talking about the television show.
Remember, college athletic events are no longer automatically illegal since campus carry went into effect. Colleges/universities must specifically post 30.06, and public institutions have to justify to the lege why they are restricting carry.
:thumbs2:

I did forget that. I knew the location could be posted or not and one could carry there if there was not a game in progress, but still thought when a game was in progress that it was off limits.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

C-dub wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 pm
oohrah wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm

:thumbs2:

I did forget that. I knew the location could be posted or not and one could carry there if there was not a game in progress, but still thought when a game was in progress that it was off limits.
Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 46.035. Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder's person:

(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
(l) Subsection (b)(2) does not apply on the premises where a collegiate sporting event is taking place if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06 .
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EastTexasRancher »

Nope.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Take Down Sicko »

EastTexasRancher wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:29 pm Nope.
ETR...Oh. OK. Thanks.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”