Address change questions

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Alaska2texas
Posts in topic: 2

Address change questions

Post by Alaska2texas »

Does anybody know if I move at least once a year in the state of Texas do I have to update my handgun license address each time ? I know you have to update it once every 5 years or so but does my address have to be current on the license every single time that I move ? Seems like a handful of stress going through the changing process everytime I move to another olace in san anton io.

Also I went into purchase a firearm today and I provided my concealed handgun license and the employer refused to sell it to me because my address was not current, he then implied that if I was caring that it would be illegal ? Is this really a big deal? My LTC is not anywhere near expired, just my current address has changed!

Thanks!
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Address change questions

Post by RicoTX »

Your driver's license and handgun license should always have the correct address on them...I would not be taking chances to save $20.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

You want Section 411.181. It has the part about keeping your address current. Basically the same as driver's license, you have 30 days to get your address updated with them. Section 411.187 carries the penalty for not updating your address, which is suspension of the license.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
Alaska2texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Alaska2texas »

Jago668 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm You want Section 411.181. It has the part about keeping your address current. Basically the same as driver's license, you have 30 days to get your address updated with them. Section 411.187 carries the penalty for not updating your address, which is suspension of the license.
Thank you guys. So until the address is updated (keep in mind the LTC IS NOT EXPIRED) am i not able to conceal carry simply because my address is not current? I couldnt find this info online.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

infoman

Post by infoman »

Simple rule- the address on your LTC should always be the same as the address on your DL.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”