So I walkd into Harbor Freight today...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

So I walkd into Harbor Freight today...

Post by RogueUSMC »

We needed batteris at work. I said, "we need straps also, let's go to Harbor freight and pick up some cheap straps. I have a coupon for a free pack of batteries with a purchase."

On the way back from a delivery, I stopped in at the said Harbor Freight store. I found my straps...I found my batteries...

I was customer #2 at the register and they nice cashier was trying to find a coupon in the sale ad for what customr #1 was buying. He couldn't find it so he just did an override on the register.

Customer #1 says, "thank you very much!"

I started singing the old Snap song I Got the POWER and customer #1 laughed...

The cashier says, "I have that power but they may try to fire me for it some day." and he laughes and says, "I'll just tell them that the customer looked like he might have a gun..."

It kind caught be by surprise actually...I said, "you know there are alot of folks that carry guns, right?"
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Odinvalknir

Re: So I walkd into Harbor Freight today...

Post by Odinvalknir »

Stupidity runs rampant. It is thinking like that, that helps push the anti gun agenda and laws. People like the cashier think that anyone who carries a gun is also bad people. Or at least prone to being a bad person in questionable situations, otherwise why would anyone need a gun?! Just call the police!

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Odinvalknir wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am Stupidity runs rampant. It is thinking like that, that helps push the anti gun agenda and laws. People like the cashier think that anyone who carries a gun is also bad people. Or at least prone to being a bad person in questionable situations, otherwise why would anyone need a gun?! Just call the police!
I think it's more ignorance than stupidity...

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Can you just imagine what the cashier would do for someone who OC? :biggrinjester:

More seriously, I'm convinced that a lot of the public including the cashier have no idea how many people there are with LTCs and how often they do come in contact with people who are carrying. But I can also understand that not all the people who are carrying have LTCs. One of the Harbor Freight stores that I go to has some customers that perk my spidey senses on occasion.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

People and situations like that are part of why I open carry most of the time. Sure, a large part of it is being able to carry a larger gun more comfortably. Still, an important part of the decision comes down to affecting the views of people like that cashier. Odds are he's not super anti-gun. He's just been fed a bit too much MSM news. The idea that anyone carrying a gun is doing so for some nefarious reason is being pushed hard by the leftist media. Seeing nice friendly people just going about their lives with a gun on their hip makes a real impression on people. It's an impression that can't be made by carrying concealed. Naturally, not everyone is comfortable carrying openly, and that's fine. Can you imagine, though, if everyone that carries did so openly for a month? Just think how surprised people would be at how many guns were in their midst on a daily basis.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

LucasMcCain wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:29 am People and situations like that are part of why I open carry most of the time. Sure, a large part of it is being able to carry a larger gun more comfortably. Still, an important part of the decision comes down to affecting the views of people like that cashier. Odds are he's not super anti-gun. He's just been fed a bit too much MSM news. The idea that anyone carrying a gun is doing so for some nefarious reason is being pushed hard by the leftist media. Seeing nice friendly people just going about their lives with a gun on their hip makes a real impression on people. It's an impression that can't be made by carrying concealed. Naturally, not everyone is comfortable carrying openly, and that's fine. Can you imagine, though, if everyone that carries did so openly for a month? Just think how surprised people would be at how many guns were in their midst on a daily basis.
This^^^!
I open carry, first and foremost it's more comfortable! Plus I am an Ambassador to the people of Texas, I make sure that I am polite, even helpful at times, I want people to think better of us who carry guns! We ain't the bad guys!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm
LucasMcCain wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:29 am People and situations like that are part of why I open carry most of the time. Sure, a large part of it is being able to carry a larger gun more comfortably. Still, an important part of the decision comes down to affecting the views of people like that cashier. Odds are he's not super anti-gun. He's just been fed a bit too much MSM news. The idea that anyone carrying a gun is doing so for some nefarious reason is being pushed hard by the leftist media. Seeing nice friendly people just going about their lives with a gun on their hip makes a real impression on people. It's an impression that can't be made by carrying concealed. Naturally, not everyone is comfortable carrying openly, and that's fine. Can you imagine, though, if everyone that carries did so openly for a month? Just think how surprised people would be at how many guns were in their midst on a daily basis.
This^^^!
I open carry, first and foremost it's more comfortable! Plus I am an Ambassador to the people of Texas, I make sure that I am polite, even helpful at times, I want people to think better of us who carry guns! We ain't the bad guys!
:iagree:
I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch openly in a Safariland 7TS ALS holster because that is what works best for me. As with most things in life, it comes down to which risks we are willlint to manage and which benefits matter most to us.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”