Situation: 2am "visitor"

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

threoh8
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Situation: 2am "visitor"

Post by threoh8 »

Place your camera/Ring where it shows as little sensitive information as possible. A person behaving suspiciously outside an apartment door might be of interest to the Russians/Chinese/Men In Black, but it definitely should be of interest to the people inside the apartment.

It would be a simple matter to either turn the camera off and blind it with a can when you don't want the feed available to "them".

Of course, one could use the camera for feeding "them" disinformation by staging scenes. People often do it for the Google Street View camera cars.

AC powered via USB cable. The one that comes with it is nice and flat, easily fits between a door and frame.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

I put my Ring over where the old doorbell went, so it just feeds on that power. Even rings the normal doorbell as well. Makes it nice I can answer the door from my bedroom if I want. We've answered the door while eating at a Mexican restaurant. We also have floodlights shining down into the flowerbed areas. So you can't hide anywhere near our front door.

We have an older house and the master bath has a window that looks out onto the front porch. So at 2am someone is banging on the door and the Ring is covered. I'm seeing what they look like through my Aimpoint from the bathroom. Nobody up to any good is trying to stop you from seeing who they are at 2am.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LucasMcCain »

I appreciate the replies. I'll look into that camera. Can't wait to live in my house again. Apartment office was closed for MLK day yesterday, so going by to talk to them and give them the letter today.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

LucasMcCain wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:40 pm I appreciate the replies. I'll look into that camera. Can't wait to live in my house again. Apartment office was closed for MLK day yesterday, so going by to talk to them and give them the letter today.
Arlo and Blink cameras run on batteries and are wireless. Might look into putting those outside the apartment door.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”