Enhanced LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TXHawk
Posts in topic: 4

Enhanced LTC

Post by TXHawk »

Anybody heard anything about this coming to TX?

http://blog.beretta.com/why-arkansass-n ... -all-of-us
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Enhanced LTC

Post by jmorris »

TXHawk wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 pm Anybody heard anything about this coming to TX?

Appears to me that we can already carry in almost all the areas that AK requires the license for. What areas are you thinking of?

That proficiency test looks awfully familiar.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Mel

Post by Mel »

Question is: If we visit from Texas, does our LTC qualify for the "Enhanced" rules?
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

jmorris wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 pm
TXHawk wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 pm Anybody heard anything about this coming to TX?

Appears to me that we can already carry in almost all the areas that AK requires the license for. What areas are you thinking of?

No one is talking about AlasKa. The article is about ARkansas.

;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

After a quick read through it, I see it being a good thing for Texas to do something similar. I’m fine with taking an additional class or two if it means I can carry more places.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

b4aftr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm After a quick read through it, I see it being a good thing for Texas to do something similar. I’m fine with taking an additional class or two if it means I can carry more places.
The thing is the new requirements that Arkansas sets down is pretty much the same as what Texas requires. To allow them access to pretty much the same places that we are allowed. We need to spend more efforts to eliminate the restrictions for all. The Rinos and Democrats know that the way to power is to divide and conquer. Despite what some may believe, the required training for a Texas LTC is a pretty high standard. If we want to set a higher standard, lets do it for all. As far as I can see we LTC holders are more judicious, more trustworthy, more law abiding and understand self defense better than the average Big city cop such as Dallas or Houston.. We all should be allowed to go anywhere they are, no more -- no less.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I'd settle for Constitutional Carry and an enhanced LTC for Texas. But I'm not holding my breath. Good for our neighbors though.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

Specifically these places listed below that for the most part we cannot carry at in TX. Also the new AR LTC addresses that silly 51% rule we have here. So in AR if you are not drinking at all you can carry as you could anywhere else.

State Capitol grounds and the State Capitol Building
Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity
Any meeting place of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly
Any state office
Athletic events
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

TXHawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Specifically these places listed below that for the most part we cannot carry at in TX. Also the new AR LTC addresses that silly 51% rule we have here. So in AR if you are not drinking at all you can carry as you could anywhere else.

Any meeting place of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly
Any state office
Athletic events
For the record, you can already carry at the Texas State Capitol building with your Texas LTC. I was there last month and carried the whole time.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Special licenses for special privileges.

When I read the Second Amendment I see nothing about requiring a license.

You want more special licenses to exercise a fundamental right?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Simple. Remove. All. Restrictions. :smash:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm Special licenses for special privileges.

When I read the Second Amendment I see nothing about requiring a license.

You want more special licenses to exercise a fundamental right?
Absolutely not. I want pure Constitutional carry with zero gun free zones anywhere. My only thought is it might have to be in baby steps like this. If we can restore the the 2A without the steps then I am all for it.
Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm
TXHawk wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Any state office
Athletic events
For the record, you can already carry at the Texas State Capitol building with your Texas LTC. I was there last month and carried the whole time.

Yes, that is correct.
Thomas Jefferson

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

So some think it is okay to have superior and inferior LTC licenses. I don't agree. LTC holders have a lower criminal rate than LEO have and we should be allowed to go anywhere a LEO can go. And I haven't seen too many LTC holders drop a gun from a holster and shoot someone while doing back flips. Just my opinion.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:11 pm Simple. Remove. All. Restrictions. :smash:
Fill in the blank: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall ___ be infringed.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”