Re: LTC Renewal Time

Post by MP(Ret)95B »

Submitted March 20th (evening)
Arrived today (April 3rd)

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

infoman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:56 pm Pretty simple- DPS is very much slammed now & it’s only snow balling.- especially for people with any criminal background. (regardless of how minor & how far back).
MP(Ret)95B wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm Submitted March 20th (evening)
Couldn't help but chuckle at these back to back posts...

Looks like big454 is having a problem with prints. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a request to resubmit.
Curious whether big454 prints on file were submitted electronically or on the old paper card. My local cop shop scanned my prints electronically, then printed them on the card for submitting to DPS, before they started with the digital print process. So far, no problems for me.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

big454
Posts in topic: 15

Post by big454 »

I submitted mine digitally . They were good enough 4 years ago. I think I would have received something by snail mail if I needed something else. But you never know really. I don't expire until until August but still I like taking care of business early . They should have 45 days for renewal and I'm holding them to it. :shock:
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

big454

Post by big454 »

MP(Ret)95B wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm Submitted March 20th (evening)
Congrats! Now , where the heck is my renewal? :drool:
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

big454 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 am I submitted mine digitally . They were good enough 4 years ago. I think I would have received something by snail mail if I needed something else. But you never know really. I don't expire until until August but still I like taking care of business early . They should have 45 days for renewal and I'm holding them to it. :shock:
I would think that with electronic prints you should be GTG on prints quality... :headscratch

So much for my theory.

Thankfully you've got time....

RDT806
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RDT806 »

Must be nice. I’m 53 days into a renewal and fingerprints and background still under review. No requests for additional documentation. So who knows?

big454

Post by big454 »

RDT806 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm Must be nice. I’m 53 days into a renewal and fingerprints and background still under review. No requests for additional documentation. So who knows?
I am gonna take a guess and say that they are probably prioritizing the ones that are about to expire . I am still almost 5 months from expiration . Really who knows but they're not really consistent on process time. :waiting:

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

big454 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:34 am
RDT806 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm Must be nice. I’m 53 days into a renewal and fingerprints and background still under review. No requests for additional documentation. So who knows?
I am gonna take a guess and say that they are probably prioritizing the ones that are about to expire . I am still almost 5 months from expiration . Really who knows but they're not really consistent on process time. :waiting:
Well then I would have been a priority if that were the case. I submitted 5 days before expiration. I postponed it longer than I should have. But everyone I talked to was getting there's back within 3 weeks so I didn't worry about it too much. Lesson learned.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RDT806 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 am
Well then I would have been a priority if that were the case. I submitted 5 days before expiration. I postponed it longer than I should have. But everyone I talked to was getting there's back within 3 weeks so I didn't worry about it too much. Lesson learned.
Ooo. Bummer.
Hopefully you have a backup? I have an AZ license just in case something like that happens.

RDT806

Post by RDT806 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am
Ooo. Bummer.
Hopefully you have a backup? I have an AZ license just in case something like that happens.
No but I'm definitely thinking about doing that.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

RDT806 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:20 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am
Ooo. Bummer.
No but I'm definitely thinking about doing that.
Just make sure they don't both expire in the same year. :???:

big454

Post by big454 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:13 am Did my renewal last month took 14 days.
That's what I have been seeing here. The quickness of those renewals. Don't really understand why a renewal would take long anyway. No new information to look at since original application should be simple enough. but :nono:

jimmiesatx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimmiesatx »

Been having a back and forth with DPS. They stated it may take up to 180 days to receive my renewal. They have all required documents, and information but are still stating that it may take that long. If it does I will be out of compliance, and will not be able to legally carry.

All my docs were receive 02/18/2019, and I have since gotten my state rep involved.

jimmiesatx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimmiesatx »

big454 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 am I submitted mine digitally . They were good enough 4 years ago. I think I would have received something by snail mail if I needed something else. But you never know really. I don't expire until until August but still I like taking care of business early . They should have 45 days for renewal and I'm holding them to it. :shock:
So am I. I have received nothing from the state regarding any new info needed.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”