LTC Renewal Time

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

big454
Posts in topic: 15

Re: LTC Renewal Time

Post by big454 »

(e) The department shall renew the license of a license holder who meets all the
eligibility requirements to continue to hold a license and submits all the renewal
materials described by Subsection (a). Not later than the 45th day after receipt of
the renewal materials, the department shall issue the renewed license or notify
the license holder in writing that the department denied the license holder’s
renewal application.

(f) The director by rule shall adopt a procedure by which a license holder who
satisfies the eligibility requirements to continue to hold a license may submit the
renewal materials described by Subsection (a) by mail or on the Internet.
(g) The department may not request or require a license holder to provide the
license holder’s social security number to renew a license under this section.
---
Last amended by Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 179 (S.B. 16), Sec. 2, eff. Sept. 1, 2017
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

jimmiesatx wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 am After a couple of calls from my state reps office things are finally getting done. The print of my LTC is pending, and I should have it in hand in the very near future.

What has me curious is no new info was needed, or requested, and nothing has changed for me at all. I would love to know what caused the delay. Doubt it was distance as I am in San Antonio.

I am still submitting for the AZ permit as well as a back up.
I'm curios too... Please let us know if you ever figure out the reason for the delay.

Also.... FYI... AZ licenses expire 5 years from issue date, regardless of your birthday (unless something changed since I got mine in 2016). If you apply for an AZ license a half-year from your birthday, you should never have less than about 1 year to work through any renewal issues. (6 months for TX renewal plus 6 more months (at least) of validity on the AZ license).
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

big454

Post by big454 »

Well, talked to DPS again yesterday and the lady stated the license was good to go. That my asking for a supervisor pushed things along. Hmm, why do we have to call to speed things along and others get their renewals so quickly? Today my status shows Print pending , background complete. :tiphat:
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

big454 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm Well, talked to DPS again yesterday and the lady stated the license was good to go. That my asking for a supervisor pushed things along. Hmm, why do we have to call to speed things along and others get their renewals so quickly? Today my status shows Print pending , background complete. :tiphat:
Any reason given for the delay?

Glad you got it sorted. Sure would be interesting to know why.

:thumbs2:

big454

Post by big454 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:48 am
big454 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm Well, talked to DPS again yesterday and the lady stated the license was good to go. That my asking for a supervisor pushed things along. Hmm, why do we have to call to speed things along and others get their renewals so quickly? Today my status shows Print pending , background complete. :tiphat:

She kind of gave me the reason it got moving (took me calling and asking for supervisor) but not why it was stalled. I know that at the very beginning my status had actually stated all green but the background check and print pending after application review, then later it showed fingerprints under review. Seems like the fingerprints under review is what put a halt to the quick process. But then I called and they stated the fingerprints were good , but then why was I showing them under review? Don't really know honestly . Still have my AZ packet on the way.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

big454 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:10 am

She kind of gave me the reason it got moving (took me calling and asking for supervisor) but not why it was stalled. I know that at the very beginning my status had actually stated all green but the background check and print pending after application review, then later it showed fingerprints under review. Seems like the fingerprints under review is what put a halt to the quick process. But then I called and they stated the fingerprints were good , but then why was I showing them under review? Don't really know honestly . Still have my AZ packet on the way.
It appears to me your application was lost in the proverbial crack until someone shined a flashlight on it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

puma guy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 am
big454 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:10 am

It appears to me your application was lost in the proverbial crack until someone shined a flashlight on it.
Quite possibly. Thanks big454 for the update.
I still think that DPS does a top-notch job overall, but, like any service organization, isn't always perfect.

big454

Post by big454 »

LTC in hand. ;)

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

big454 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 pm LTC in hand. ;)
:thewave :anamatedbanana

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mot7981 »

Just wanted to give DPS props. I had a positive experience on my renewal just as some above have mentioned. Applied April 26. Card in hand May 13. Web site worked great and everything was easy and painless. If only I could say the same for all govt. experiences.

hangfour
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hangfour »

Just wanted to give DPS kudos. I had a positive experience on my renewal. Used the on-line method to apply for renewal on July 3, 2019 and found the new license in my mailbox July 16. That was fast!!! They even used the new photo from my drivers lic. renewal. Nice to have the new card in my wallet.
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”