Funny Incident at Walmart Pharmacy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 1

Funny Incident at Walmart Pharmacy

Post by SIGFan43 »

First of all, I’m not a police officer, and I don’t wear a badge, but I am 75 years old with white hair, and I’ve carried a concealed handgun in Arkansas and Texas for almost two decades. Today, however, my secret may have been exposed.

Earlier this afternoon, I was holding onto my 88-year old friend and neighbor’s shopping cart, which contained her purse, in the “Ask a Pharmacist” line at Walmart. She was in front of me, and was asking the pharmacist about prescriptions. I had noticed a woman standing behind me for a couple of minutes, and my nose was starting to run, so I brushed aside the right side tail end of my Stealth ScotteVest 3.0 black jacket, which I’ve worn for 21 years during cooler weather, to reach my handkerchief in the right hip pocket of my jeans. This is the jacket originally advertised as “ideal for concealed carry by Secret Service and other law enforcement officers.” By the way, I’ve only seen one other person wearing this type of jacket. It has vertical zippers on the left and right sides, which makes it easier to draw a handgun from a belt. The newest version of this jacket doesn’t have the vertical zippers on the sides, but still has almost three dozen hidden secret pockets like my old jacket.

As I replaced my handkerchief back into my hip pocket, the woman behind me says, “Excuse me, officer, are you waiting in line?” I replied, “no ma’am. I’m waiting on my friend in front of me.” I was a little taken aback, because I don’t believe I ever exposed my SIG P239 concealed in a Kydex holster inside my belt. I’m very careful about that. I also had two spare mags on my left side in a leather pouch, which was also never touched. The woman then moved to another line beside us. I have to be more careful, I guess. :coolgleamA:
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

RoyGBiv

Re: Funny Incident at Walmart Pharmacy

Post by RoyGBiv »

At least she didn't scream or faint from the sight of a gun. Must have been a native Texan. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jusme

Re: Funny Incident at Walmart Pharmacy

Post by Jusme »

I have had several people ask me if I was a LEO, but the I OC most of the time. Obviously, you exposed your gun, and wearing a "secret service" vest gave her the impression that the were an under cover agent, entrenched as a drug enforcement officer, to prevent the over prescribing of meds, to the elderly. Your secret has now been exposed, and you will probably, have to go deep undercover from now on. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”