Can DL suspension affect LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 3

Can DL suspension affect LTC

Post by Odinvalknir »

So I had a bit of an oopsie, was out of state for work at the time of a court date for a minor traffic ticket. Since I missed court I earned a arrest warrant and a license suspension because of the Texas surcharge nonsense. I have taken care of the warrant with the issuing City but I have not paid my surcharge, and my license may be suspended. Could a suspended driver's license affect my license to carry? Obviously I'm not looking for legal advice I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any more laws that might get me hemmed up in a bad situation that will make the situation any worse.

seph
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can DL suspension affect LTC

Post by seph »

Odinvalknir wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm So I had a bit of an oopsie, was out of state for work at the time of a court date for a minor traffic ticket. Since I missed court I earned a arrest warrant and a license suspension because of the Texas surcharge nonsense. I have taken care of the warrant with the issuing City but I have not paid my surcharge, and my license may be suspended. Could a suspended driver's license affect my license to carry? Obviously I'm not looking for legal advice I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any more laws that might get me hemmed up in a bad situation that will make the situation any worse.
I believe you can enter into a payment plan for the surcharge. I think they can setup a monthly payment option.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

seph wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:26 pm
I believe you can enter into a payment plan for the surcharge. I think they can setup a monthly payment option.
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct. I just want to make sure that until I do start a payment plan with them, that I am still able to carry my firearm.

stash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stash »

I am not saying you are going to and you did not ask the question, but it probably would not be good for one to get stopped while driving on a suspended Dl.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

stash wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 am I am not saying you are going to and you did not ask the question, but it probably would not be good for one to get stopped while driving on a suspended Dl.
Haha yea no doubt, getting stopped with a suspended DL, would only increase my issue. I've since paid up on the surcharge, I was just curious while I was in the void between making a payment.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”