Safe to carry at PK Lake State Park?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kolamer
Posts in topic: 1

Safe to carry at PK Lake State Park?

Post by Kolamer »

Does anyone have any experience with carrying at PK Lake State Park? I was trying to seeing if that park has any federal ties or not.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Safe to carry at PK Lake State Park?

Post by jmorris »

Kolamer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 pm Does anyone have any experience with carrying at PK Lake State Park? I was trying to seeing if that park has any federal ties or not.
It's not a CoE lake so wouldn't be any federal ties. Both parks in the area are government so carry's allowed.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

joe817

Post by joe817 »

jmorris wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Kolamer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 pm Does anyone have any experience with carrying at PK Lake State Park? I was trying to seeing if that park has any federal ties or not.
It's not a CoE lake so wouldn't be any federal ties. Both parks in the area are government so carry's allowed.
:iagree:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/possum-kingdom
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

It may not be illegal but OC in a state park will probably draw unwanted attention...sooner or later?

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Oldgringo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm It may not be illegal but OC in a state park will probably draw unwanted attention...sooner or later?
I have in three different parks and the only attention I've gotten was from a park police officer who wanted to talk guns for a half hour.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmorris wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm It may not be illegal but OC in a state park will probably draw unwanted attention...sooner or later?
I have in three different parks and the only attention I've gotten was from a park police officer who wanted to talk guns for a half hour.
Carry on. Like I said....sooner or later.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm
Carry on. Like I said....sooner or later.
A few years ago, I might have agreed with you. But even the extremist anti-gun people seem to have backed off on their venomous attacks on OC. I do agree that you might get an over-jealous State Park ranger but I think that is possible anywhere and that is one of the risks with OC period. If that is your point, then we do see things the same way.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Yep, I know several of the PK lake cops and have met several of the wardens in the area. Behave yourself and you should have a great time and at worst end up talking guns for a bit with one of them if you come in contact with them.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”