Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Bruin98
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#16

Post by Bruin98 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Looks like ill have to leave it in the car next Thursday.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4730
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#17

Post by ScottDLS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Bruin98 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Looks like ill have to leave it in the car next Thursday.
Or you could just carry regardless of the ineffective (legally) posting, as long as they are not wanding.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


Bushwhacker
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#18

Post by Bushwhacker » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:24 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:30 pm
Bruin98 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Looks like ill have to leave it in the car next Thursday.
Or you could just carry regardless of the ineffective (legally) posting, as long as they are not wanding.
:iagree:

You can obey the law even if the bad guys don't.
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg


WildRose
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 542
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#19

Post by WildRose » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:32 am

I'm not one who's inclined to spend my money where I'm not welcome.

This is Dallas and this is what we've come to expect from their city gov't.

LEO's however who are sworn to support, defend, and enforce the laws under both our state and federal constitutions need to en masse refuse to enforce or to be any part of gov't entities that refuse to adhere to the laws of the state.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.


Topic author
Jsstx2
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#20

Post by Jsstx2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:33 am

Dallas Fair Park personnel were wanding at the entrance so my EDC would probably have been detected. I left my EDC in the car as I did not feel like being a court test case due to an un-informed LEO. That would have not been a good ending for date-night. Hamilton tickets were included as part of DSM package of 7 shows, not specifically purchased. This is a completely different cast then the ones on Broadway that tried to bash the VP, although this current cast most probably shares the same lefty politician views. According to the DPD officer I spoke to, Dallas city govt was not involved in the decision to 30.06/07 it - that was all on the show management.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#21

Post by crazy2medic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Once again the renters can post but DPD can't enforce it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3326
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#22

Post by rotor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm
Once again the renters can post but DPD can't enforce it!
You are right but you may have to convince someone after being hauled off.

This is also interesting
https://www.vulture.com/2019/02/hamilto ... hreat.html


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#23

Post by crazy2medic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:29 pm

rotor wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm
crazy2medic wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm
Once again the renters can post but DPD can't enforce it!
You are right but you may have to convince someone after being hauled off.

This is also interesting
https://www.vulture.com/2019/02/hamilto ... hreat.html
Must be tough being a snowflake! You'd think they would have know something about the hamilton/burr duel!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker


Bruin98
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#24

Post by Bruin98 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:57 pm

We've been off and on season ticket holders for 13 years.

I got wanted every show last year. Pulled out my card and life went on.

Haven't been to any shows in current season.


Bruin98
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#25

Post by Bruin98 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm

I just got a know before you come email from Dallas Summer Musicals.

NEW MUSIC HALL HANDGUN POLICY:
Effective immediately, all handguns are specifically prohibited for events at the Music Hall.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter the Music Hall with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter the Music Hall with a handgun that is carried openly.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#26

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Bruin98 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm
I just got a know before you come email from Dallas Summer Musicals.

NEW MUSIC HALL HANDGUN POLICY:
Effective immediately, all handguns are specifically prohibited for events at the Music Hall.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter the Music Hall with a concealed handgun. Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter the Music Hall with a handgun that is carried openly.
If you want to avoid "being a test case" for the $200 fine, you might want to send the e-mail and a record of the property ownership to the DPD police chief and ask for a statement in writing that 30.06 signage is NOT enforceable at this location. That should avoid any potential hassle with DPD police on the scene.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 10458
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#27

Post by carlson1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm

A step at a time disobeying or rewriting the law that our State Legislature has established. Then one day like bump stocks (a sign of a pen) became illegal so do your AR’s and pistols and I am assuming you will be just as willing (not carrying your EDC past a non enforeceable sign) to turn your AR’s and pistols over also? Food for thought. :coolgleamA:
Image


XDgal
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#28

Post by XDgal » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent move of the city of Dallas to turn over operation of Fair Park to a private company? The city still owns the grounds. Does this mean another fight to carry at the State Fair?
XDgal


Bruin98
Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#29

Post by Bruin98 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Im at 6 police officers and 2 dogs and we are still outside.

Wanding being done by event staff.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3913
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Dallas Summer Musical “Hamilton” is posted 30.06 and .07

#30

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 pm

carlson1 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm
A step at a time disobeying or rewriting the law that our State Legislature has established. Then one day like bump stocks (a sign of a pen) became illegal so do your AR’s and pistols and I am assuming you will be just as willing (not carrying your EDC past a non enforeceable sign) to turn your AR’s and pistols over also? Food for thought. :coolgleamA:
:iagree:

First they came for the bump stocks, and I did not speak up because I owned no bump stocks. Then they came for carry on government owned property, and I did not speak up because I rarely visit such places.......

Drip, drip, drip, and we eventually see our rights eroded away as surely as the ground is eroded by the river. If we refuse to stand up for our rights because we are too "busy" or too eager to "not be a test case", or because the current attack doesn't impact us directly, then do we deserve to actually keep the rights that God gave us?

Things worth having are things worth fighting for.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”