TX House SPeaker declares Constitusional carrier bill dead

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bfm1851
Posts in topic: 2

TX House SPeaker declares Constitusional carrier bill dead

Post by bfm1851 »

"Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen declared Friday that a “constitutional carry” gun bill was dead after a gun rights activist showed up at his Houston-area home to advocate for it."
Saw this article this morning. Think story is in Dallas Morning News. Don't know how to post link :confused5 . Seems someone showed up at the speakers house to discuss why bill had stalled. Doesn't look like the Speaker was impressed.

I'm of two minds about constitutional carry. On one hand I believe the government has no right to regulate if I can carry a hand gun to protect myself or loved ones. If they put all this effort into cleaning up the crime in the street maybe people would not feel the need to carry. But on the other hand there's a lot of people out there that well lets say I would not want to be at a BBQ with them while they were carrying. ;-)

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX House SPeaker declares Constitusional carrier bill dead

Post by bblhd672 »

Topic already running here:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=95524
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
bfm1851
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bfm1851 »

Opps sorry missed it.

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apostate »

He lies. It was dead when they elected him Speaker.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”