LTC Replacement Issues

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
apex32
Posts in topic: 2

LTC Replacement Issues

Post by apex32 »

My wallet somehow went missing and we have not been able to recover it. Inside, of course, was my LTC. on 4/8 I filled out the online application for a replacement for a lost/stolen LTC. I paid the fee at that time. After that, the next day when logging into the website, it showed as submitted. The next day it did not show as submitted, and would allow me to submit for a lost/stolen LTC. I have emailed through the contact form twice (once on 4/10 and again today) as well as called 3 times where I sat on hold for 15-20 minutes without reaching anyone. I have no idea what to do about this, and if I need to resubmit or not, but I have already paid and don't want to pay twice. Beyond frustrated I can't reach a human from that department.

Any advice, tips? Thanks

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LTC Replacement Issues

Post by Jusme »

I don't know how they do a lost/ stolen replacement. Since they do not have to do a new background check, fingerprint verification, etc. It could be that they simply don't provide status updates. Once they have received the request they may simply mail it out with no notification.
Since it has been less than a week, I would wait a little while. If you don't receive your replacement in a few days, I guess calling would be your best option.
Like I said, I don't know for sure.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
apex32
Posts in topic: 2

Re: LTC Replacement Issues

Post by apex32 »

Well, after deciding to leave the phone on the call for as long as it took to get someone, I finally reached a human after 34 minutes. She wasn't much help about why the online portal didn't show anything over the past few days but did say that it went out that day (Friday) in the mail. None of my emails via the contact form were ever answered. Not overly impressed with the RSD office.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”