I think that's everyone now.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

I think that's everyone now.

Post by Jusme »

I've been real busy these past few weeks and haven't had on opportunity, to fill in everyone, on my quest to get everyone in my family their LTC with the obvious exception of my way too young grandchildren of course. Last year, Mrs Jusme, my daughter, son in law, sister in law, and brother in law all got their LTC. Last weekend, my mother in law (80 years young) and Jusme Jr. took their, LTC class, along with two of my wife's cousins.
Jusme Jr, turned 21 in February, and for his birthday we got him a CZ 75B Omega. He is a dead eye shot with it, and passed the class with ease, with only one round outside the 9 ring.
My mother in law, was shooting a Colt 80 series 380 mustang. I worked with her, for several sessions to determine which gun would work best for her, and she shoots the Mustang like a champ. She also passed with ease, as did my wife's cousins who I worked with one day, since neither had fired a handgun before.
My son and mother in law will get fingerprinted today, and should have their plastic soon.
I think that is everyone in my family now, so I can get back to range time to work on my own shooting, rather than training others. But I have really enjoyed it, and am proud of all of them, for taking the steps necessary, to be responsible for their own self protection.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I think that's everyone now.

Post by Boxerrider »

:thewave

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Congrats, Jusme! You are doing better than I. My younger brother is a retired USMC Lt Col. He got his own license in CO. Always the odd one, he carries a Glock something or other. ;-)

In 2013, my wife and I took the CHL class. She now has a Walther PPS M2 Le. While she has had her own epiphany and now understands the necessity of carrying on her body, she has yet to embrace the need for training or carrying consistently.

2 years ago, I took my father and my youngest brother to Friendswood to take Charles Cotton's LTC class. The next year I took my 20 year old sone (LeeIV) to KR Training to take Karl Rehn's LTC class. We four carry S&W M&Ps. We also carry consistently and train.

I now have another 20 year old son who I'll take to his LTC class this fall in preparation for applying for his LTC on his 21st birthday. We plan to present him with an S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4inch.

We can, and should, encourage, support, and assist our loved ones in their self defense journey, but is is their journey.

Again, Jusme, congrats on getting it done!

:txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

That's a huge accomplishment!

Congratulations!! :patriot: :txflag:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

oljames3 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:02 am Congrats, Jusme! You are doing better than I. My younger brother is a retired USMC Lt Col. He got his own license in CO. Always the odd one, he carries a Glock something or other. ;-)

In 2013, my wife and I took the CHL class. She now has a Walther PPS M2 Le. While she has had her own epiphany and now understands the necessity of carrying on her body, she has yet to embrace the need for training or carrying consistently.

2 years ago, I took my father and my youngest brother to Friendswood to take Charles Cotton's LTC class. The next year I took my 20 year old sone (LeeIV) to KR Training to take Karl Rehn's LTC class. We four carry S&W M&Ps. We also carry consistently and train.

I now have another 20 year old son who I'll take to his LTC class this fall in preparation for applying for his LTC on his 21st birthday. We plan to present him with an S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4inch.

We can, and should, encourage, support, and assist our loved ones in their self defense journey, but is is their journey.

Again, Jusme, congrats on getting it done!

:txflag:
Congratulations to you as well!

For your 20 year old son, you might consider the new 3.6" barrel version of the M&P 2.0. It makes a significant difference in carryability over the original compact. I love mine!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Nice!

WifeGBiv has her license, but doesn't carry. Her boss (yes, her manager at work. A very nice guy who carrys always) and I continue to work on it.

Oldest offspring will be 21 next year and she already knows that she's getting a permit class and a gun for her birthday (and whatever mom gets her :lol:) . Just a question of what gun.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Congratulations Jusme. That is quite a feat.
I have been working on the same thing for a couple of years but I have 5 kids, a brother, a sister, and all of them have spouses. It helped when my oldest son-in-law started working with me. As a LEO, he had a little more influence than I did. Still have my youngest daughter, her husband, and my brother to go, but his wife cant get one (long ago convicted felon for drugs).
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Congratulations Jusme! Well done! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Texas has just become a safer State thanks to your efforts! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Well done Jusme!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Congratulations to you and your family, Jusme. Like you, I believe that a family that carries together...is better prepared together.

MrsVolTexan carries every day, and is encouraging the same of all of her employees.

Even better, last weekend Li’lMissVolTexan went to the range with me as I was qualifying a few LTC students. When they finished, she asked if she could give it a go. She had graduated from .22 to 9mm just last month, and she was feeling pretty confident.

50 rounds later, and my 10-year-old daughter has a passing score! I told her that she’d have to re-qualify when she takes the class from me in 11 years, though.
:anamatedbanana
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Congratulations!
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Congratulations! I've still got one more daughter in law that needs her LTC.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I think Mrs. Jusme, was the most difficult to convince, but once she decided last year, to go for it, the rest were on board. I had the same routine with everyone, emphasizing safety first, grip, stance, trigger control, breathing, and shot placement. I was fortunate that most of them had done some shooting, but mostly long guns. It was fun watching my 21 year old son, and 80 year old mother in law, shoot much better than some of the overly confident weekend rambos, in the class. :mrgreen:

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:32 am Nice!

WifeGBiv has her license, but doesn't carry. Her boss (yes, her manager at work. A very nice guy who carrys always) and I continue to work on it.

Oldest offspring will be 21 next year and she already knows that she's getting a permit class and a gun for her birthday (and whatever mom gets her :lol:) . Just a question of what gun.
You might take her to Defender Outdoors, you can rent guns there. You pay $20 per hour for the range, and another $20 for rental, and can shoot as many guns as you want within that hour. (2 at a time) Jusme Jr, tried at least 10 different guns, and decided on the CZ. It was worth the investment in my opinion.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Your MIL's gun, the .380 Colt Mustang, is also joe817's EDC.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”