Texas A&M Campus Carry - Seeking Insight

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
longhorn86
Posts in topic: 2

Texas A&M Campus Carry - Seeking Insight

Post by longhorn86 »

My daughter will be attending Texas A&M College Station this fall and she and I are heading there next week for her New Student Conference. I am seeking any specific knowledge from anyone who has either spent extensive time on campus or even better, works on campus. We will be there for 2 days and will be visiting a few select buildings, etc for her conference. I have read the university's rules on concealed carry and there are a handful of university designated places that are off limits. These are a child care facility, and mentions of some health care related facilities that from what I can tell would have to be clinics, hospitals, etc, where protected health information is generated/kept, and certain research areas where minors are involved.

Specifically, we will be spending most of the time in these buildings: Zone Club Kyle Field, MSC, Rudder Auditorium, and her college meeting will take place in the Reynolds Medical Sciences Building. So long story short, I am looking for any insight as if any of these have been designated off limits or are permanently posted 30.06? I want to carry there for the entire conference, but do not want to have to go back to the truck and disarm.

I have tried to search the forum and the net, can't find much specific info out there.
NRA Life Member

roadkill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas A&M Campus Carry - Seeking Insight

Post by roadkill »

Why not call the campus or better yet the campus police. They should be able to set you straight on if those areas are prohibited

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Item 6.C. of these published rules http://rules.tamu.edu/PDFs/34.06.02.M1. ... 1531332254 list "categorically prohibited" premises.

Beyond that, the first three locations you mentioned were not 30.06 posted the last time I entered them (which is more than six months ago). Don't know about the fourth. I suppose the Zone Club would be off limits during a sporting event.

Edited to add: Other than some individual laboratory room full of chemicals or radioactive material, I would be surprised to find any regular campus building that was posted. Campus carry has not been a big deal, post-implementation (surprise, surprise).
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

mescobar_rpls

Post by mescobar_rpls »

When I was there about a year ago, I don't remember seeing any 30.06 signs.

And congrats on your daughter making a good decision.

Miguel
Class of '97

Topic author
longhorn86
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longhorn86 »

Following up with our experience on campus, of the buildings that I listed in the OP that we did visit, no signage or issues whatsoever.

To add, I am extremely happy that my daughter chose A&M over UT. Campus is really nice and the people there are great.

She will be in good hands! :txflag:
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”