CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
spwickson
Posts in topic: 1

CHL for resident alien with <5 years history

Post by spwickson »

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for reading and to all those who respond.

I have a green card and have lived in Texas for just over 4 years. I have completed my CHL course and was about to submit my application to get my licence.

From my understanding, you need to provide 5 years residential and employment history with no gaps during the application, which as a US/Texas resident of only 4 years, I do not have.

Can I just provide my address prior to coming to the US or do you need the full 5 years of US employment and residential history?

Thanks again for reading and for the help.

Liberty

Re: CHL for resident alien with <5 years history

Post by Liberty »

Provide your address and job history prior to moving to the US. I bet they won't bother checking.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

No, I think you can even get a CHL with a I94

I got mine a year after I got my green card since that’s when I got interested in getting one

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

You lived somewhere 5 years ago and that is what they want. Employment with no gaps means if you were unemployed for the entirety of a calendar month then fill that gap with "unemployed".
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

You underestimate the indescribable power and efficiency of the Texas Regulatory Services division. They will send CIA and State Department agents to your country of origin and you better not have missed a minute/second of latitude and longitude on your foreign address. And if you pulled a little girl’s pony tail in pre-school you’d better disclose it! They are more efficient than the IRS and more ruthless than the former KGB. :biggrinjester:

Seriously, just list your foreign addresses and employers and everything should be fine.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

11 yrs ago, it would suffice to provide a copy of your green card and DL.
GC == All rights and privilege of US citizen less voting and passport
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”