Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
extremist
Posts in topic: 1

10 New Pro-2A laws in Texas - Adam Kraut

Post by extremist » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Good video.

TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, TSRA Member
Past-President http://www.ctidpa.com IDPA CSO, ESP/SSP/CCP/CDP-EX, REV/BUG-SS; USPSA CRO
Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Range Safety Officer

The Annoyed Man

Re: 10 New Pro-2A laws in Texas - Adam Kraut

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Good video, but I have a question.... License holders already had the ability to carry in houses of worship unless they are posted 30.06/07. So how did that new law change things. I’ve carried in church, including on stage, ever since I first got my license in early 2008. And my church posted 30.07 when OC first went into effect, implying even back then that licensed carry in church was legal unless otherwise posted with compliant signage. So I don’t understand what the new law changed.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Flightmare

Re: 10 New Pro-2A laws in Texas - Adam Kraut

Post by Flightmare » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:37 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:46 pm
Good video, but I have a question.... License holders already had the ability to carry in houses of worship unless they are posted 30.06/07. So how did that new law change things. I’ve carried in church, including on stage, ever since I first got my license in early 2008. And my church posted 30.07 when OC first went into effect, implying even back then that licensed carry in church was legal unless otherwise posted with compliant signage. So I don’t understand what the new law changed.
The new law cleaned up the code, but you are correct in that mostly there is no change. One "minor" change is prior to this, it was an automatic class A misdemeanor to carry past a posted church, this legislation reduces the infraction to a class C unless you refuse to leave when asked.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86R/b ... 00535F.htm

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs ... /PE.46.htm
Texas PC Sec. 46.035.(g) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed under Subsection (b)(1) or (b)(3), in which event the offense is a felony of the third degree.
Since places of worship are removed from that section, it would be the same as any other private business that chooses to post.

IANAL
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”