CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

CHL address and purchasing an item?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Gents,

I just moved to a different city in Texas for work and I saw a lower I want at a shop. I just updated my drivers license to reflect my new address but haven’t updated my LTC as of yet. Can I still use my LTC to get the lower even though it has my old address on it ?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL address and purchasing an item?

Post by Keith B »

By law you only have 30 days to change your address on your LTC when you move. I will assume you are within the 30 days, so I would suggest you go online to https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/ and submit for the address change. Once you have done that I would go to buy the lower and if they ask about the different address tell them you have submitted the request for the change but the newly printed license with the current address on it has not arrived yet.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL address and purchasing an item?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Thanks very much Keith. I actually changed my LTC address this weekend. When I go to pick up my slide I will go and purchase the receiver and hopefully everything goes well. Thank you very much.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”