Garland Road Rage Shooting

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Garland Road Rage Shooting

Post by chasfm11 »

It was difficult to figure this out. The article says Ft. Worth because of the paper publishing it. The shooter turned himself into Rowlett police. But it looks like the actual incident happened in Garland.

One driver, mad about being cut off chases down a pickup truck, flings a bottle at it, shattering a window. The pickup driver, thinking that he had been shot at, returned fire and killed the driver of the other vehicle.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cut-o ... ar-AAGR0sr
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Garland Road Rage Shooting

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Good Night Nurse! What the heck is wrong with people? Flinging a bottle at someone because they cut you off? Road rage is simply not worth it. Now the bottle flinger is dead and lord only knows what kind of legal issues the shooter will have. I suppose Mr. Bottle Flinger taught that guy a lesson. "Ain't nobody gonna cut me off and get away with it."

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

I hate to comment on stories like these because I wasn't there... But based on the article, I'd probably have done the same thing if I thought someone was shooting at me.

03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:13 am I hate to comment on stories like these because I wasn't there... But based on the article, I'd probably have done the same thing if I thought someone was shooting at me.
I agree about not knowing the whole story yet but throwing stuff at a person on road because they cut you off is a totally punk thing to do.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:45 am
Tex1961 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:13 am I hate to comment on stories like these because I wasn't there... But based on the article, I'd probably have done the same thing if I thought someone was shooting at me.
I agree about not knowing the whole story yet but throwing stuff at a person on road because they cut you off is a totally punk thing to do.
:iagree:

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post.... I would never throw stuff at another person like that......

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:06 am Good Night Nurse! What the heck is wrong with people? Flinging a bottle at someone because they cut you off? Road rage is simply not worth it. Now the bottle flinger is dead and lord only knows what kind of legal issues the shooter will have. I suppose Mr. Bottle Flinger taught that guy a lesson. "Ain't nobody gonna cut me off and get away with it."
This^^^
We are not children, adults should be capable of controlling their anger!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:24 am

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post.... I would never throw stuff at another person like that......
Not at all. I was expanding on what you posted. :cheers2:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:32 am
Tex1961 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:24 am

Not at all. I was expanding on what you posted. :cheers2:
:tiphat:

03Lightningrocks

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:06 am Good Night Nurse! What the heck is wrong with people? Flinging a bottle at someone because they cut you off? Road rage is simply not worth it. Now the bottle flinger is dead and lord only knows what kind of legal issues the shooter will have. I suppose Mr. Bottle Flinger taught that guy a lesson. "Ain't nobody gonna cut me off and get away with it."
This^^^
We are not children, adults should be capable of controlling their anger!
I am out on the roads around Plano quite often. As I go through the day I get to watch everything from people speeding up when I am making a left hand turn, ( I guess they are trying to teach me a lesson by slamming into me) to people getting mad I am not going fast enough so they zip around me and pull in front of me leaving a bumpers worth of room. Something about being in their automobile seems to make some folks feel invincible. Me? I just keep cruising along and don't even react to such silliness. Pole position on the roads is just not important to me.

flechero

Post by flechero »

When safety glass breaks it "explodes" and often sounds like a shot so i could see that scenario playing out.

i'll be surprised if the guy is convicted

either way, at a minimum, it is a waste of 1 life, and tragedy to several others.

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

It's my understanding that there is a charge of murder. I bet it's a "no bill" by the grand jury. I think it's very reasonable (key word is "reasonable") that the shooter thought he was being shot at.

ELB

Post by ELB »

The security video is at this link: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/secur ... 2723c43042
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

I looked for more current information on this, but all I found is that the dead guy has multiple arrests in Dallas for DWI, also other driving offenses, plus “illegal alien.”.

The police press release all the news articles are obviously written on is here:
Last edited by ELB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks

From that post it looks like self defense to me. The guy in the escalade chased him down. It would be somewhat normal to think you were being shot at if the back window shattered. We shall see but it is going to be interesting. With all the anti gun hysteria going on right now it could be a toss up.

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Does the shooter have to be shot at to defend himself? Seems to me objects of anykind thrown at you by someone who hates you enough to break your windshield can cause injury or death.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”