Is DPS LTC renewal closed?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Is DPS LTC renewal closed?

Post by GlassG19 »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:25 pm I did my online LTC renewal in January, it arrived I think a total of 23 days later.
A friend of mine renewed his on 2/10/2020 and it arrived March 22nd.

As it so happens, both my DL and LTC were both due to expire this year. I renewed my DL online on 4/7/2020 and it came in the mail today 4/13/2020.

It's weird, my LTC looks like my old DL did. The new DL is all sorts of different colors.

Hope this helps with figuring out a timeline.
So they are still working & processing LTC’s, it’s going on 32 days since I sent my renewal & I was thinking somebody has to be processing since my status went green except background & fingerprints.. keep ya posted.
:fire :fire :fire
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

So I submitted my renewal beginning of last week. When I login it doesn’t even give an option for status. Just has a button to apply to be an instructor. I have zero idea what’s goin on with it. My current doesn’t expire until later this year. I just wanted to get it done before I forgot.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

cmgee67 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:14 am So I submitted my renewal beginning of last week. When I login it doesn’t even give an option for status. Just has a button to apply to be an instructor. I have zero idea what’s goin on with it. My current doesn’t expire until later this year. I just wanted to get it done before I forgot.
as per my recent comments in https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=98318, it takes about 3 weeks for the "laundry list" to appear when you login. By which time it will probably be on the last two steps. (background check pending, print pending)

Hang in there.... :clapping:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

I renewed online in late February. Received my card in the mail 36 days later.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:20 pm I renewed online in late February. Received my card in the mail 36 days later.
My should be close then,, I’m about 33 days now.

:tiphat:
Last edited by GlassG19 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

cmgee67 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:14 am So I submitted my renewal beginning of last week. When I login it doesn’t even give an option for status. Just has a button to apply to be an instructor. I have zero idea what’s goin on with it. My current doesn’t expire until later this year. I just wanted to get it done before I forgot.
Mine did same & couldn’t see “status” until about 7-10 days,, check on it next week & bet you’ll be able to see a bunch of green & 3 yellows.
:tiphat:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Tex1961 »

When I called them a few weeks back, the rep told me that they were doing record applications, so I would expect things to be taking longer than usual.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm When I called them a few weeks back, the rep told me that they were doing record applications, so I would expect things to be taking longer than usual.
That's the nice thing about a 6-month window to renew early. If they want to push first time license processing ahead of me, or push those that waited until the last minute ahead of me, I'm happy to step back for that. As long as I get my renewal before expiration, all good. Plus, if things really get backed up, I have a non-resident license from another state that renews out of cycle with my TX license, so, still no worries.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

clarionite wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 pm I'm waiting for mine also. it's been much longer than any time I've renewed previously. I keep expecting mine any day.
Have you received yours yet? I’ve seen people get their renewal from start to finish in COVID-19 Era (Feb-today) in 35 days to well over that,,, I’m going on 38 days now...... :totap: :totap:

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Take Down Sicko »

My reminder letter for renewal came in the mail yesterday (Saturday 4-25-2020). I renewed online as soon as i got it. Will post the date when it arrives.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Mine took about a month
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

berettadave wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:54 am Renewed mine in late February. Still shows that my background check is under review as of today. Have no idea why. Everything shows to have been received.

Dave
Berettadave, you sent in renewal application late Feb & this is May 1st, have you received it yet & if so, can you give us start of clock to finish clock, “in hand” that will give me a sign of relief knowing I’m not the only one that’s going on 6 weeks (32 weekend days).
Keep Shootin, :fire :fire :fire

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

TreyHouston wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:45 pm Mine took about a month
Trey Houston, can you give us your start clock date & in hand stop clock date please sir, it helps the rest of thugs apparently know why we have our clocks starting and continuing to run with no stoppage? Thank you kindly :fire :fire :headscratch :fire :headscratch :cryin :cryin

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

GlassG19 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:00 pm
TreyHouston wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:45 pm Mine took about a month
Trey Houston, can you give us your start clock date & in hand stop clock date please sir, it helps the rest of thugs apparently know why we have our clocks starting and continuing to run with no stoppage? Thank you kindly :fire :fire :headscratch :fire :headscratch :cryin :cryin
I don’t have the exact date i got it in hand. About 4 weeks or so. I renewed 3/13
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

mclipp

Post by mclipp »

I renewed 4/5. Status shows " print pending". Won't be long I suppose.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”