USACE seeking comment on revision to 36CFR327.13

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
couzin
Posts in topic: 2

USACE seeking comment on revision to 36CFR327.13

Post by couzin »

USACE has published proposed revisions to 36CFR327.13 (firearms). Time to comment! Link here https://www.usace.army.mil/Media/News-R ... evision-t/
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: USACE seeking comment on revision to 36CFR327.13

Post by flechero »

Done, have you cross posted this? It needs to be on every single gun, fishing, boating and hunting forum we can find. They need to be literally flooded with positive comments!

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

Comments sent!
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

Commented!
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Commented.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Allons

Post by Allons »

Commented
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

ELB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ELB »

Thanks for heads-up.
USAF 1982-2005

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MadMonkey »

When I'm stateside I spend most of my time at home, and at my RC flying field which is on ACOE land. It would be REALLY nice to finally be able to carry there, especially since we've had a couple of issues with people intentionally tearing up our runway.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Comment: Defensive Firearms, including but not limited to concealed or open carried defensive handguns, SHOULD BE ALLOWED on these properties for defensive use by any individual licensed by the State in which the property is in, in accordance with the State law where the property is located. Right now there's a PATCHWORK of CONFLICTING laws while kayaking down rivers such as Brazos river where the State allows the firearms in the RIVERS under the State RIVER AUTHORITY, but at some unknown point in the water (Marked by a brass marker ON SHORE, you may not carry into the ACOE LAKES, so you need to throw guns overboard and buy new ones below each Dam when re-entering the river... REPEATEDLY for each lake on the Brazos river..... repeat for each ACOE lake??? ... ridiculous

I forgot to mention defensive use against the TERRORIST wild boar hogs can shredded a man's leg arteries ... and protecting my children from those rattlesnakes ... whether they have legs ... or not. It;s for the children.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Big-time thanks for notifying us of this! For others interested, the actual docket detail can be viewed here: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0008-0001.

Of note is that the number of comments counted is only updated once each day and shows the number as of 23:59 the night before.

I started my comment with the paragraph below, then followed it with another paragraph noting the personal impact of existing regulations on my family, and the fact that we can't use county park facilities located close to us because they are on USACE land.
I strongly support the proposed revision to Title 36 Section 327.13 to align USACE regulations with those of other federal land management agencies. The current variances in regulations and requirements are confusing to all civilians passing through or taking advantage of recreation on USACE lands, and this change would provide greater consistency with federal, state, and local laws regarding the legal possession of firearms.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Commented.

Chas.

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

Commented
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Sent in my comments :cool:

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

DONE! Finally they might just fix this nonsense.

My email is copied below.
Hello,

Please consider this a hopeful request that COE land and lakes would be shifted to matching the State-level regulations regarding the carrying of firearms in public parks and similar places. The best option in my opinion is to simply issue guidance that each location should match the firearm requirements of its local (likely county-level) jurisdiction regarding the carrying of firearms in a public place.

Texas License-to-carry holders have repeatedly proven to be some of the absolute safest and most law abiding groups of people throughout the United States. The annual crime stats as published by the Texas Department of Public Safety has repeatedly proven this: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/LTC/reports/convrates.htm

Please revise the outdated policy of strict non-allowance of firearms for the benefit of all.

Thank you,

<PriestTheRunner>
Athens, Texas

"The proposed revision to Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Section 327.13 will align USACE regulations with those of other federal land management agencies and will more appropriately reflect the requirements of current state and local laws authorizing the possession of firearms by individuals. The revision will also eliminate the requirement for individuals to obtain written permission from a District Commander to carry a firearm on USACE-managed lands and waters.

Since the last amendment of this regulation in 2000, many states have passed laws or amended existing laws to provide for the carrying of firearms by private individuals, in particular for self-defense purposes. In addition, the firearm regulations of other federal land management agencies have been amended in recent years to make them more consistent with the law of the state in which the federal lands are located. The current regulation prohibits the possession of firearms unless being used for hunting, at authorized shooting ranges, or if written permission has been received from the District Commander."

Texas DPS - Conviction Rates Reports
Conviction Rates. The following reports represent the number of Handgun License holders with convictions versus the entire Texas population with convictions.
www.dps.texas.gov

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:05 pm DONE! Finally they might just fix this nonsense.
Haha, I included those same stats in my letter :cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”