Post by tommyg »

Im no lawyer a class B misdemeanor lose license 5 years

if convicted for no mask where mask required will they take my LTC :rules:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Corona mask lost license

Post by oohrah »

Where is a mask required by law? Not in my county.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Harris County has an emergency order for masks in public.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Interesting thing is it’s for “Harris County Residents”
Good thing I live in Galveston County

My question would be, as its for “Harris County Residents”, can I be fined / arrested for not complying? (If I go to Harris County)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

oohrah wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:56 am Where is a mask required by law? Not in my county.
Travis County

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

This case was supposed to be heard yesterday in court requesting it to be suspended due to overreach. I am surprised that the judge hasn’t ruled on this yet.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

The actual text of the order does NOT specify Harris county residents. My solution is I will not go into Harris county while this order is in effect.

From the order:

https://www.readyharris.org/Stay-Home

NOW THEREFORE, I, COUNTY JUDGE FOR HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS, PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY VESTED BY TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 418, HEREBY FIND AND ORDER:

SECTION 1. That the findings and recitations set out in the preamble to this ORDER are found to be true and correct and they are hereby adopted by the County Judge and made a part hereof for all purposes.

SECTION 2.Face Covering Requirements

Because an infected person can transmit the COVID-19 virus to others before showing any symptoms, the covering of a person’s nose and mouth is necessary to help slow the spread of the virus.

1.When leaving one's residence and when in a public place all persons over the age of ten (10) shall wear some form of face covering that covers the nose and mouth. The face covering may, for example, be a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, handkerchief and other cloth masks.
2.When outside their residences and in a public place, residents shall continue to maintain social distance of at least six feet.
3.Face coverings shall be worn except when:
a.Exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside alone;
b.Alone in a separate single space, whether indoors or outdoors;
c.In the presence only of other members of one’s residence, whether inside or outside the residence;
d.When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health risk, including exacerbating a pre-existing medical condition or including, but not limited to, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance;
e. When doing so poses a security or safety risk, such as impairing the ability to drive or to be inspected at a security checkpoint; or
f. When eating or drinking;
4.IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT FACE COVERINGS NOT INCLUDE SURGICAL MASKS, SURGICAL N-95 RESPIRATORS OR OTHER MEDICAL MASKS AS THEY ARE A NEEDED RESOURCE FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AND FIRST RESPONDERS.Healthcare workers and first responders on the front-line combating COVID-19 must have priority access to medical masks and other personal protective equipment.
5.Wearing a face covering is not a substitute for maintaining 6-feet social distancing and hand washing because these remain important steps to slowing the spread of the virus.
6.Residents shall wash their hands before leaving the residence and upon return, and shall take the following additional actions after leaving their residences:
Stay at least six feet away from others; and
Avoid touching the nose or face.
7.It is recommended that residents not use disposable face coverings more than three times. Residents should wash reusable cloth face coverings regularly to prevent the spread of the virus.
8.Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this Order except that, to the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces, they shall, to the greatest extent feasible, maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person. Individuals experiencing homelessness are strongly urged to obtain shelter. Governmental and other entities that can provide face coverings to homeless individuals are strongly urged to make face coverings available as soon as possible and to the maximum extent practicable (and to utilize social distancing requirements in their operations).Additionally, entities that provide assistance to the needy are urged to donate face coverings to the homeless and to homeless shelters.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Disobey. We must disobey unconstitutional orders. Our founding fathers would be calling us sissy girls for tolerating this.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I live in Harris County. I could lose my LTC for failing to wear a mask or not disposing of it on the third use? Or sorry the disposing was a recommendation.

Ok how about at work when I am in my office?

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Bexar county also.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

txpilot

Post by txpilot »

Syntyr wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:09 pm 6.Residents shall wash their hands before leaving the residence and upon return, and shall take the following additional actions after leaving their residences:
Stay at least six feet away from others; and
Avoid touching the nose or face.
Disposing after the third use may be a recommendation, but be sure to wash your hands before leaving home and after returning or you could lose your LTC!

Hope the judge rules soon.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Just another way for the dumborats to take away gun rights. Get charged and lose your LTC and your right to cary
Last edited by RPBrown on Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

What’s next? A mandatory jacket if it gets below 55, no slippers on Saturdays, hat only if you are not driving/if driving then hat is only acceptable so long as you are going no more than 5 miles from your residence. Shorts can only be worn if it is 65 or above, when temperature gets over 85 they are mandatory, but only if they are beige or purple, no other colors allowed. If you carry then you must wear an LTC band on your right wrist, orange in color and always visible (don’t carry with your hands in jacket pocket - see above, jacket wear only applies if temperature is below 55)... :rules:
This is getting out of hand.

flechero

Post by flechero »

3.Face coverings shall be worn except when:

e. When doing so poses a security or safety risk, such as impairing the ability to drive or to be inspected at a security checkpoint

4.IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT FACE COVERINGS NOT INCLUDE SURGICAL MASKS, SURGICAL N-95 RESPIRATORS OR OTHER MEDICAL MASKS AS THEY ARE A NEEDED RESOURCE FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AND FIRST RESPONDERS.

8.Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this Order
3.e. Either masks are needed or they're not... and what security checkpoints are there in harris county????

4. Sorry lady, I've kept n95's around for 3 decades... I won't start wear a useless bandana now when i have a case of N95's in the shop.

8. Wow! so this whole thing is baloney. Use some of your handout and giveaway funds to distribute masks/bandana's to the homeless. It's cheaper than treating just one of them on a ventilator.

There are some real tyrants out there.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”