CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

The Lost Cause

Post by K-Texas »

AKA John Cornyn. You remember John, right? The "Sportsman's Friend?" The same [expletive deleted - don't claim you were talking about a game] who co-sponsored yet another disgraced bill to ban assault weapons? Evidently, the Sportsman's Friend doesn't know any better than Dianne Feinstein, the difference between an "Assault Weapon" and a modern sporting rifle. Ask yourself this; what do Texan's gain by 6 more years of [deleted] the RINO?

Where's the opposition? In the last national election the chinacrat party went ALL-IN with Beto O'Rourke against Ted Cruz. Let's not forget that the DNC felt afterwards that Bee-Toe had enough name recognition to get him into the race for POTUS. How is it that the chinacrat party doesn't concern themselves much with [deleted] running for senate with little or no opposition? Simple: a 4 letter word description. RINO!!!

It doesn't appear likely, but with the events that have transpired over the past 3 weeks, and the bio-engineerrd Wuhan Virus that preceded the inmates gaining control of the asylum, this old Texas Vet of the Vietnam era says we should follow the lead of the Brits, and TEXIT, rather than allow the DIM-WITTED Texas Republican Party to give Carte Blanche to another 6 years to the Chinacrat-RINO [expletive deleted]!

This presents quite a dilemma for me, I'd rather not be called a republican. Constitutional Conservative is a more apt description, while admittedly, my first obligation is to vote against any chinacrat/Manchurian candidate. Maybe call me an ANTI-anti-Christ!

The Texas RNC? They will make us BLUE in the face!;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Lost Cause

Post by Jeff B. »

If there is someone to primary him, I'm all for it...

Remember, the Party Apparatus had pretty much anointed David Dewhurst as KBH's replacement. Ted Cruz took a dump in that bowl of cornflakes.

Last I have heard of Dewhurst, hit girlfriend beat him up.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I keep getting campaign donations request from him and I keep replying No One Dime As Long As He Is Pushing To Bring In Foreign Guest Workers!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Jeff B. wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:21 pm If there is someone to primary him, I'm all for it...

Remember, the Party Apparatus had pretty much anointed David Dewhurst as KBH's replacement. Ted Cruz took a dump in that bowl of cornflakes.

Last I have heard of Dewhurst, hit girlfriend beat him up.

Jeff B.
Cornyn won his primary race already.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

And as much as it pains me to do so, I will hold my nose and vote for Cornyn because I will not vote Democrat. Once they get in, it can be a devil of a time getting them out.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:28 am And as much as it pains me to do so, I will hold my nose and vote for Cornyn because I will not vote Democrat. Once they get in, it can be a devil of a time getting them out.
I'm with you. With the Republican primary settled already, the Dems are going to be running either Mary J. Hegar (turned Dem after Trump was elected; rated 13% by the NRA; endorsed by Giffords) or Royce "Since the 90s, I have remained consistent in my unwavering belief that we must regulate deadly weapons" West (https://www.roycewest.com/). We'll find out which come July 14.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Serious question / request here.

I write - well email - the Senators, Governor, Rep's - always get the Boiler Plate response. Nothing real.

What else can we do to influence our elected officials?

I am willing to give the old fashioned hand wrote letter(s) a try.

We support financially - best we can tell - organizations that we believe are working to protect our rights.

Seeking advice and guidance.

Thanks, gamboolman & ms gamboolgal... :patriot: :txflag:
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I believe the topic title says it all....expecting government for the people by the people anymore is a lost cause.

There's one set of rules/laws for the elites, the media and their street enforcers...another set for us peons.

Voting might still work starting at the local level...if the Marxists don't win first.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 am I believe the topic title says it all....expecting government for the people by the people anymore is a lost cause.

There's one set of rules/laws for the elites, the media and their street enforcers...another set for us peons.

Voting might still work starting at the local level...if the Marxists don't win first.
TINVOWOOT
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K-Texas wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 pm AKA John Cornyn. You remember John, right? The "Sportsman's Friend?" The same[expletive deleted - don't claim you were talking about a game] who co-sponsored yet another disgraced bill to ban assault weapons?
What bill was that? Please give the bill number.

Chas.

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:09 am
K-Texas wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:26 pm AKA John Cornyn. You remember John, right? The "Sportsman's Friend?" The same[expletive deleted - don't claim you were talking about a game] who co-sponsored yet another disgraced bill to ban assault weapons?

Chas.
Did you miss the national press conference when Cornyn stood right by Feinstein in solidarity towards her proposed ammendment? I used the term bill incorrectly, but exactly whose friend was John Cornyn on that particular day. He's pretty good at window dressing like his proposed "Sportsmans Act" that wasn't anything but window dressing that died a quick death that he seemed to accept rather casually. He's never raised those issues since. And he's running with virtually no opposition.

But how does a republican, supposedly pro-gun senator, and from this great state support anything that comes out of Feinstein's warped brain whose sole mission in life appears to be disarming American citizens and part of her original platform when she ran for senate after exploiting the appointment as Mayor of San Fran which propelled her to the Kalifoniasthan DIM party's nomination.

After the Las Vegas mass shooting, in maybe a rare moment of clarity for him, the senate majority leader addressed the issue of exploitation by saying "this is not the time to be doing this." And we're all quite aware that within 15 minutes following a mass tragedy involving firearms, a nationally recognizable chinacrat will leap forward in an attempt to use it as political capitol.

But Cornyn has tried to make amends, proposing an amendment that he knew would never see 60 votes before it was ever voted on in the senate. It got 53 votes.

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:28 am And as much as it pains me to do so, I will hold my nose and vote for Cornyn because I will not vote Democrat. Once they get in, it can be a devil of a time getting them out.
That is my predicament. I didn't even consider myself a republican anymore yet voted in the 2016 primary. I might be better described as an Anti-Communist! And now the Tea Party appears to be extinct while the Libertarian's have no teeth. The 2 party system is exactly opposite of what the Founding Fathers envisioned for this country. We got ObamaCare, but it didn't apply to the crooked politicians who stood by and allowed it to happen. Before you are employed for a job, you have to pass a drug test, and can be randomly tested at any time thereafter. When was the last time anyone in national office got tested? And when you add the RINOs to the chinacrats, how many parties do we really have?

If we lose Trump in November, I see us down to 2 options. 1 of which might get me arrested for even mentioning, and considering the Ministry of Propaganda we politely refer to as the Mainstream Media . . . well, just look how they're operating and have since Trump's election. The chinacrats can not afford what may come if the senate investigation actually does bear any teeth. We seem to be on quite the roll. Impeachment, the Chinese Flu and now this Floyd business. Wonder what the idiot cop murderer's voting history looks like? Reckon he took one for the team?

That leaves us with TEXIT, or conforming to what will eventually become autocratic rule by the anti-Christ Chinacrats. And we've sat by and seen our diplomatic relations destroyed with a nation that could become our greatest ally! As Tom Clancy hypothesized many years ago with his concerns regarding China and their goal of global conquest, Russia as a member of NATO, might have been the best deterrent we MIGHT have had! ;-)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K-Texas wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Chas.
Did you miss the national press conference when Cornyn stood right by Feinstein in solidarity towards her proposed ammendment? I used the term bill incorrectly, but exactly whose friend was John Cornyn on that particular day.
I guess I did miss that. What was the Bill number he was trying to amend? What was his amendment?

Chas.

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:35 pm
K-Texas wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Chas.
Did you miss the national press conference when Cornyn stood right by Feinstein in solidarity towards her proposed ammendment? I used the term bill incorrectly, but exactly whose friend was John Cornyn on that particular day.
I guess I did miss that. What was the Bill number he was trying to amend? What was his amendment?

Chas.
He endorsed the Feinstein planned amendment to ban bumpstocks, which was negated by the executive action by the C-I-C. Later, he came up with his own variation of the proposed Feinsten amendment that would ban the purchase of a firearm for anyone suspected, or having a record of terrorist activities, at the governments discretion like the "no-fly" list. Cornyn's variation appeared more genuine, requiring more than just suspicion, and an actual history, at least from previous investigation, but it only provided the office of the Attorney General 3 days to take action against a fraudulent purchase attempt. Naturally, the vote went straight down party lines basically, 53 yea. The legislation itself, I think most of us would have supported but there's no way he could have believed he could attach a 3 day limit and have it passed by more than a couple of chinacrats. We're talking terrorism, Not NICS business as usual. I don't think there's a logical explanation for 3 days to pursue investigation when a suspected terrorist is attempting to buy a firearm. They should be hounded into hell! ;-)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”